Followers

Translate

Wednesday, July 25, 2018

So Proud of You Steampunk Chemistry Card

Top Pick at Pile it On
Coffee/Tea of the Day - Tea Thyme (currant, citrus, and thyme - without a doubt one of my very favorite teas!)

Hello, everyone! Before I forget, the place in Ann Arbor, Michigan where I order all of my delicious teas is having a sale on some of their classic Japanese green tea. they only charge a very minimal shipping fee, so check out the store if you think you might be interested.  the sale is for a limited time only, so hurry over! my hubby only likes green tea, so we have tried several of these. we also enjoy many of their herbal blends. I like all kinds of tea, and have yet to find any of theirs that I don't enjoy. they are great both hot and cold. :)

The card I am sharing today is made for our oldest son. You might remember that he moved to Delaware this spring to start a new job. We just learned that not only has he done well in his job, but he has received a promotion! :) Tyler works in a laboratory and now oversees the entire operation as the Supervisor. They are training him to be the Department Manager! I am so very proud of him! :)

so of course I had to make a card for him. that is what all crafty moms do, right?!


the images come from The Graphics Fairy and Create with TLC. papers are from my beloved Basic Grey stash, this time from the Origins collection.  I used the mini gears stencil from The Crafters Workshop over the base sheet of designer paper, which was then edged in Sensational Sage embossing powder by WOW!.

main image die is by Spellbinders, banner die is by SU!, and wheel cog dies are by Tim Holtz. tag is stamped with Prima stamps and tied with seam binding  from Zipper Stop which has been distressed with several shades of ink. burlap flower is from Petaloo. vintage buttons and metal cogs are from my stash.

for those of you who have asked and left such kind comments, I am still dealing with my seizures on a daily basis. sometimes they are really bad and it's hard to get out of bed. other days I am able to get to my craft room for a few hours. at this point we are just hoping I am able to go to Tyler and Danielle's wedding next month. most of the time just trying to get Palmer outside to go to the bathroom causes me to go into seizures, so getting to a wedding is a big prayer. I can't ride in a car without them taking place either. but we have lots of hope and faith. :) and in the scheme of things, I have so very much to be thankful for. these are more annoying than anything.

Thanks so much for stopping by! love to all of you!
Jennifer

Challenges:
Shopping Our Stash - get krafty (card base, matting piece, cog die cuts)
TTCRD - anything goes
A Bit More Time to Craft - anything goes
Card Mania - anything goes
Creative Crafters - anything goes
Use Your Stuff - anything goes (with a title or sentiment)
Pile it On - vintage/retro
A Vintage Journey - get sentimental
Crafting by Designs - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wed - anything goes
WAW - anything encouraging goes

22 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Jennifer - loving the steampunk creations!! Beautiful! -- I am stopping by as a Guest Designer at WAW saying thank you for uploading your work in the challenge - above all else I wish you good health and that your prosper-- blessings.

Anita said...

Congrats to Tyler! My son just go promoted on his new job which is a surprise since he has only been there a few months. I will be praying that you will be able to go to the wedding. I hope you can rent a hotel near it so if you have to rest then you have some place close. How exciting to have a daughter in your family. I miss our chats but the seziures are being a bugger and keeping you resting. I am dealing with dizziness but finding out it's because I am moving my neck more. Big Butterfly Hugs! I am supposed to drink more green tea so thanks for sharing.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Jennifer! Thanks for the tip about the tea sale, and for sharing all the goodies for your fantastic steampunk creation! Your son will love it. Your layers are amazing - so clean, and yet, each one speaking part of the story! Wonderful! hugs, de

Nancy said...

Hey, Jennifer! It's a fabulous card full of steampunk goodness! Congrats to your son! So good to hear from you, and to see you're crafting! :o)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great steampunk card. And, congratulations to Tyler too!

cotnob said...

A super card Jennifer, a fabulous steampunk design with lots of brilliant details.
Congratulations to your son - you must be very proud.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Squirrel66 said...

Your cards are all amazing - so much detail & work in them.
I am sending prayers across the Atlantic that you will be able to get to the wedding & will be well enough to enjoy it.
Gill

aussie aNNie said...

Congrats to your son and hope all goes well with you. Your steampunk card is like WOW OH WOW so love it.xxxx

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats for your son. I love your card.

I've been praying for you. I hope you can find some relief.

Loose Stitches said...

Oh WOW, totally fabulous creation! Congratulations to your son, how awesome! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

KT Fit Kitty said...

Such a cool card, Jennifer! I like the steampunk vibe and and the gear die-cuts! Your son will enjoy this card - perfect theme for his job - please extend my congrats on his success! It's obvious this was made with a lot of love! Have a great weekend!

missgailly said...

I’m a big fan of steampunk so this card is right up my alley! Fantastic! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

Alka said...

Your card is very beautiful.Thank you for joining us @ The Creative Crafters. DT Alka.

Eekers said...

First, fabulous card, I love all the colours and textures, congrats to Tyler on his job situ and wedding situ! :D So sorry to hear about your seizures, your work is so great I would never have guessed you were dealing with something so serious, I do hope there is some improvement soon and you can get to do a few of the things you would like to do, even if it is a safe trip to the garden for a wee (lols, sorry!) Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, it's very much appreciated.

Annabel - Knitty Kitty Digis

Fikreta said...

This is so wonderful card!
congrats to Tyler!
Im so sorry about your seizures.
have a nice day
take care
hugs

Lisa said...

Huge congrats to your son!! How exciting!! The card you made for him is spectacular!! I love the lab details and the layers!! It's so gorgeous!! I'm so sorry about your seizures. Praying for you. Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Valerija said...

What a real great card. Love all the details.
Valerija xx

debby4000 said...

What a perfect card for a future laboratory Department manager, love all the details.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Donna said...

Congrats to your son and that is a super awesome card!!!

Thanks for getting KRAFTY with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Chris Dring said...

What an amazing card for your son, and congrats to him! I'm so sorry for your health issues and am sending prayers to you that you will overcome them and be able to go to the wedding. Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash!

Deb said...

Wonderful card, congratulations to your son and thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey for our Get Sentimental challenge! Deb xo

Keti's Projects said...

Great card. Soo many details and very retro. Thank you for playing with us at Pile it On previous Challenge and hope to see your work on our Current project too. Keti (DT)