Followers

Translate

Monday, July 25, 2016

A Cherry On Top

Winner at Dragonfly Journeys
Top 3 at Broken Fairy
Top Pick at Creative Corner

A fun new challenge begins today over on Elisabeth Bell's World challenge blog. our theme is 'Strawberries or Red.' I hope you will play along with us. :) would love to see what you come up with!

UPDATE - I completely botched this one, folks. when I was told the challenge theme, I thought it was strawberries OR red. I have just discovered it is AND red. my poor little card does not work for the theme afterall. so I need to try to buy a stamp and get it here as fast as I can so I can get another card made. Please disregard my post and make a "strawberry AND red" card. so sorry. :(

****working on a new project... will post in the next day or so. 


Since I don't YET have one of her cutey images with strawberries on it, I chose to go with a red theme. in the summertime, one of our favorite fruits around here are the yummy cherries. in fact, hubby just picked up a huge tub of tart cherries from our fave fruit farm. I put 3 big packages in the freezer to use later for baking, and added some to an apple pie for him. :) made such a tasty mix with the fresh apples from that same fruit farm. he was quite the happy camper!


I've used 'Sweet Sundae' and papers from October Afternoon's Cherry Hill collection. all dies except the cherries are by Spellbinders the red frame has pretty cherries embossed on it. :) the cherries are from Sizzix. fun sentiment is by Create with TLC, flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and buttons are from my vintage stash. red seam binding is from Zipper Stop, and red lace is a vintage goodie as well.

my dad and I used to have a game when we would use this saying. we would add all kinds of fun toppings to our sundaes after the cherries: sprinkles, strawberries, nuts - you name it! I smile every time I hear or see this to remember those fun memories! :) thanks, Paulette, for creating this sentiment for all of us to use! :)

Challenges:
Morgan's Art World - use a die cut
613 Avenue Create - create your own: image, patterned paper, sentiment, watercolor (how I color my images), die cut, embossing (on red frame), flowers, buttons, square card, ribbon
Eclectic Ellapu - anything goes
One Stitch at a Time - anything goes with dies
World Wide Open DT - anything goes
DL Art July linky party - anything goes
Stamping Sensations - anything goes with a stamp and ribbons
Ribbon Girls - any image plus ribbon (easy peasy for me!)
Broken Fairy - embossing (on red frame)
Scrapper's Delight - anything goes
Dragonfly Journeys - sugar rush (ice cream sundae!)
Creative Corner - like ice in the sunshine (ice cream sundae)
Star Stampz - summer treats

15 comments:

Arlene said...

Such a cute card.

So glad you joined us at Morgans ArtWorld.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Beautiful card Jennifer thank you for joining us over on
Morgans Art World Challenge 'Use A Die Cut'
Dianne xx
MAW CT

Anne said...

Thanks for entering the Ribbon Girl 'use any image' challenge Jennifer with your lovely card - good luck!

Anne x

www.ribbongirl.co.uk
www.learningtojive.blogspot.co.uk

Fikreta said...

gorgeous card!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that adorable girl with her bell bottom jeans! So cute and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at DL.ART July Linky Challenge!

Dreja said...

Ganz wundervoll! Vielen lieben Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Creative Corner.
LG Dreja

Caz said...

What a gorgeous make...Thank you for sharing with us at World Wide Open...And good luck..Hope to see you again soon..

Caz x
[Caz DT for World Wide Open DT Challenge]
My Blog

Jeannie said...

Hi Jennifer! This is a very cute image and I love all of the pops of red and the cherries too. Very sweet card! Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Unknown said...

Such a cute card,thank you for joining in with us at world wide open and good luck

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

So very gorgeous. Always love visiting your blog to view your work.

Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Tlc Creations said...

So precious.....I can taste the cherries.
Paulette

Nicky G said...

Fab card :) I love the embellishments. Thanks for entering the Scrapper's Delights Challenge.
Nicky - SD DT

Joyce Ann said...

I love cherries and strawberries, so either one works for me (lol). Still a great card and thank you for playing with for the July challenge at Eclectic Ellapu; good luck!!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jennifer's! I love your colouring and that beautiful bow. Thanks for playing along this week and I hope to see you back again soon. Good luck!
Hugs, Tracey (One Stitch at a Time DT)