Followers

Translate

Friday, May 27, 2016

Be Happy

Coffee of the Day - Coconut

Hooray! It's the weekend!

so does that mean more crafty time for you? do you have a big picnic planned for the holiday? whatever you do, I hope the sun shines bright on you and your loved ones! :)

when I first saw this image from Elisabeth Bell, the little girl's joy was so contagious! I couldn't help but pair her with the 'be happy' Sizzix sentiment die (cut twice for extra ooomph and dimension)! :) she is called 'Laundry Peeker' and was part of a great Dollar Digi deal that takes place for a limited the first of each month. I can't wait to see what next month's image will be! :) I'm over on the Digi Bells blog for my first Guest Designer post if you would like to stop by.


nothing says 'happy' like the color yellow, so I grabbed some of the cheery 5/8" maize taffeta ribbon to tie a big bow. a bit of light pink mini ric rac adds the perfect accent to the bow. one of my fellow RRR DT members gives me a hard time for saving all of my little teeny tiny bits of ribbon, but doesn't the little pop of bright green swiss dot grosgrain look perfect here?! I thought so, too. tee hee!

a wonderful bouquet of assorted Wild Orchid Crafts mulberry flowers make a lush topper of sunshine! papers are from the Basic Grey Nook & Pantry collection, main & matting dies are by Spellbinders, buttons are from my vintage stash, and little dew drops are from Double Click Skittles. doily was sprayed with glimmer mist for even more shine.

and don't forget to play along in the Really Reasonable Ribbon vintage challenge as well as Elisabeth Bell's 'Tag You're It' challenge!

Challenges:
Digital Delights - anything goes
Outlawz Festive Fridays - National Go Barefoot Day
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes
Dream Valley - add a doily
Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends - anything goes
Alphabet Ch - 'G' is for girly

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely delightful and I love the vintage feel and pretty colours.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Stef H said...

yum.... coconut coffee with my coconut creamer. i'm in heaven!
girlfriend... YOUR joy is contagious. you make everyone smile.
fabulous card.

have a blessed weekend.

hugs :)

Sandra said...

another cutie!!! fabulous card Jennifer!!
Hugs,Sandra

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sandy Palmer said...

What a fun, adorable image! Great use of the dies! Love the button and bow here! Thanks for joining in at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Shona Hamill said...

Gorgeous card and fab colouring! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenges. Shona xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Pretty!! Thanks so much for participating in our ALPHABET challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper