Followers

Translate

Saturday, May 7, 2016

Altered Gift Basket and Tag for Baby Girl

Woooo Hoooo! It's the weekend! (this is the 2nd post today. scroll down, please, for my Bugaboo guest post)

I am excited to be the Guest Designer over at My Sheri Crafts! the theme for this fortnight is "Let's Go 3D". I am combining this project with my post for Really Reasonable Ribbon, especially since I use Really Reasonable Ribbons on almost every project I make. ;) thank you, Sheri, for asking me to be a guest with your fun blog! :)

Here in the United States we are celebrating Mother's Day tomorrow, so I thought it would be fun to share a little project I made for our neighbor who is expecting her second little girl anytime in the next week.

I started with an old fruit basket that hubby & I found on one of our adventures antiquing. a coat of acrylic paint, sponging with a few more, then several squirts of different shades of glimmer mist, and I was ready to decorate!


The edges were trimmed with a ruffled crepe paper border topped with Priscilla white crochet lace and  wild rose grosgrain ribbon. the same wild rose grosgrain also formed the bow, when combined with  pink burlap string. you can see that I also used the grosgrain and burlap string on the tag to continue the theme.

the flower cluster is formed with a pink chrysanthemum, pink aster daisies, and sweetheart blossoms, a mini sweetheart blossom decorates the tag.

The tag was also sprayed with glimmer mists. the adorable baby image is from Free Pretty Things For You and papers are from the Authentique Crush collection. (I made it all to match the card from back at this post.)

the basket is filled with diaper bag sized essentials every new mom will need. and she loved it when I delivered it several days ago! :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! :)

don't forget Really Reasonable Ribbon's current challenge going on, too!

Challenges:
Crafting With Friends - anything goes
Creative Fingers - anything goes
PDE linky party - anything goes
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
Crafting With an Attitude - anything goes
In the Pink - for a child/baby
Crafting By Designs - anything goes
Little Red Wagon - anything but a card
The Crafty Addicts - anything goes/use ribbon
Classic DT Open Ch - any project made for a DT goes
Sisters of Craft - anything goes

16 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Brilliant project just right of mothers day Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

ADORABLE!!!! Very creative and so CUTE!!! Thank you for joining us at PDE Linky Party.

Sue - PDE Linky Party DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

Super cute project and a perfect gift! Thank you for joining us at GD at My Sheri Crafts! We were so glad to have you!

Glenda said...

Love your fabulous basket! Looks great and I am sure it was well appreciated! Thanks for sharing your talents with us this week as guest designer at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda's Cards

Diane Louise J said...

Thanks for joining our challenge with your super cute project… Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge… [Diane-Louise DT for Classic Design Team Challenge]

JanR said...

What a lovely idea for a gift! I'm sure the new mom appreciated it. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful. Thanks for joining us at PDE Linky Party.
DT Janis

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow this is magical and so gorgeous. Fantastic idea and great work.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Sue Crease said...

Oh My, this is so super cute! Why did they never do this when I was expecting my son (22 years ago) !? You have made a wonderful job on this gift. Your neighbor will adore it and look it's filled with must have products too.
Thanks for being such a great guest designer here on myshericrafts this time around.
Sue

Fikreta said...

its wonderful!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant creation and colours are gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing in our current challenge and hope you will join us again.xx[aNNie DT/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

Unknown said...

Stunning thank you for sharing with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck
Lyn - DT

Tiggerscraps said...

What a great idea! So cool! Thanks for linking up with us at the PDE linky party
Marji DT

Debs said...

Gorgeous project and a fabulous idea too.
Thanks for playing along at In the Pink this time.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Raquel said...

Congratulations for being Guest Designer over at My Sheri Crafts!

Your project is amazing and so thoughtful. I love all the different elements and how you matched from basket, to tag, to card. Well done on all three projects

firebreeze said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift basket and a wonderful way of upcycling! Thanks for joining us as guest designer at My Sheri Crafts!