Followers

Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Owl Be There and Coffee Blog Candy Winner

Coffee of the Day - French Vanilla

I have a card to share with all of you, but I'm sure you aren't really that interested in it since I mentioned in the post title that I have the winner of my blog candy to announce! :)


Our friend at the random.org has chosen Shirl as the winner this time! hooray for YOU! :)  please send me an email (I'll also try to send you one shortly) with your mailing address so I can get this postal the first part of next week.

thank you to everyone who entered! I do have a purple themed blog candy at this post if you would like to try for that one.

now on to my card....

Paulette at Create with TLC has a freebie on her blog for World Card Making Day. I paired it with a sentiment of hers to make a card to send to one of my guys. thought it would be a great 'encouragement' type card for one of them.


bg paper is Basic Grey Juniper Berry, flower is Petaloo, leaf is Prima, olive crochet trim is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and buttons are all vintage. linen thread and sentiment punch are by SU!

I re-purposed a Starbuck's coffee sleeve behind the main image and added distress stickles to the pine needles for a bit of texture. it's not easy to see, but there is a double border of faux stitching around the edge.

Hope your weekend is going well so far. it is cold and rainy here, but that is our typical fall weather for the most part. don't mind as it's perfect for coffee AND crafts! :)

Challenges:
Allsorts - nature
Crafts 4 Eternity - woodland
Star Stampz - add a sentiment
Fresh Brewed Designs - the great outdoors
Shopping Our Stash - wooden it be nice (wooden decorative paper & woodgrain button)
Dragonfly Journeys - what a hoot

17 comments:

Fikreta said...

cograts Shirl!
your card is verty nice
I like this owls
have a nice day
hugs

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, your owl card is gorgeous! I should really get this image printed and onto a card before I miss the deadline! Congrats to your lucky-duck winner and thanks for the generous candy!

Penny said...

Jen, this is such a beautiful image, and you created a beautiful card to showcase it1 Love the fab lace and other texture! Really pretty palette, too! :^)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Renee B. said...

Beautiful card Jennifer! Congrats to my friend Shirl who won your candy! We are having a lovely fall day here...bright & sunny with just a bit of a nip in the air.
Hugs, Renee

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

So I am now singing the Friends theme song as "Owl be there for you...." hahaha!
Very lovely card. The image is very unique. Beautiful owls! And I love the crocheted looking lacy trim

Thanks for playing along with us at the Freshly Brewed Challenges GREAT OUTDOORS challenge this week.

Heather D.
www.freshbreweddesigns.com

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Jen! I love the lace and the buttons. I just finished mine and now that I see yours, I wish I'd used some patterned dp instead of just solid CS. :-D Marvelous, my friend.

Sandra said...

Wow, this is really beautiful Jennifer!!
Love that image, it is gorgeous, and i love the colors you used!!
Hugs,Sandra

Hetty said...

beautifulcreation with the owl image.

Lisa Lynn said...

Jen, your card is adorable. Love the coffee holder that used. And I always LOVE buttons!!!! You make such fun cards.

Wendy L said...

This looks great, a wonderful entry, thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week, xxx

lauren bergold said...

so much texture and interest... and i love the monochromatic color palette! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (wooden!) STASH with us this week! :)

M DelValle said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Star Stampz challenge blog. Maria

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Jennifer, just wondering if Paulette at Create with TLC sent you a freebie for participating? I didn't get mine yet and she's usually so quick about these things. Thanks, my friend. Hope all is going well with you! Miss seeing you over at my blog :-)

Leslie Hanna said...

Super card! I love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Donna said...

Great card! Love the owl images! Thanks for joining the crew at SHOPPING OUR STASH for our "Wooden It Be Nice" challenge this week!!

michele said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Bettina L. said...

Love your card Jennifer. Great details with the owls, currogated cardboard and autumnal design. Thanks for playing at Star Stampz and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Star Stampz xx