Followers

Translate

Monday, June 9, 2014

Fun in the Sun ATC and a bit of news....

Coffee of the Day - Moon Pie (I found just enough for one little cup! oh joy!!!)

some pretty cool things have been happening around my house, well, other than the fact that my guys have all headed off to Camp for the summer and left me by my lonesome.....that is most certainly a bittersweet thing. I miss them like goodness knows what, but boy howdy, is it ever nice to not have dishes pile up in the sink! ;)

anyhow, the other day I saw that Whimsy Stamps was having a challenge in their Facebook group with a theme of 'Just Beachy.' I knew I wanted to play along if I could. well an opportunity presented itself that I just could NOT pass up..... more on that in a moment.


I decided to make an ATC using the cutey Babe at the Beach image by Crissy Armstrong. papers are from the Basic Grey Picadilly collection. I would say this is one of my all time fave collections, but you probably get tired of me saying that. ;) but really, I do love it!

her swimsuit was paper pieced, she is popped up on foam tape, polka dots were added to her sun hat with my white gel pen, & sentiment was created with my label maker (yes, I'm hooked on that thing right now!). sun was created by punching a circle from patterned paper and then die cutting 2 stars using the Lawn Fawn puffy stars die. these were sprayed with yellow daisy glimmer mist before assembling. waves are a die by MFT. flower & button are from my stash.


now for the news, I took a giant leap of faith last week and sent in my application for the Whimsy Stamps Digital DT call-out. boy oh boy, was I ever nervous because there are some AMAZINGLY talented people on that team! I was shocked outta my shoes when I got the news that they accepted me!!! I am now on the Digital team! wooo hooooo! call me tickled PINK! I start in July. happy happy happy dance!

stick with me, I think I'm going to have some blog candy to celebrate all of this great news as well as my upcoming birthday!

Challenges:
Wicked Wed ATC - add a die cut (Lawn Fawn and MFT)
Glitter 'n Sparkle - use a digi
Red Carpet Studio - Vacation
A Little Bit Crafty - Child's Play
Art by Miran - anything goes
Craft for the Craic - something summery or with flowers
Wags 'n Whiskers - color ch: yellow, orange, kraft, and white
Time Out - summer with a twist of flowers
Hambo Hoedown - Here Comes Summer
Just Inspirational - Summer

14 comments:

Stef H said...

u r a whirlwind!!!! congrats on all the good news!

hugs :)

Sandra said...

Oooh,Great news Jennifer,congrats!!
that was worth waiting for,lol :)
lovely card too!!
hugs,sandra

Lisa said...

Very cute, and I agree that paper is gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at ALBC this month.

Lisa :)

The Craft Bucket said...

Fabulous card, love it. Thank you for playing along with us at ALBC this month & very good luck. Jane x

Ellibelle said...

Exciting news Jennifer, and such a gorgeous creation! I think you are going to love being on the Whimsy Design Team! Congratulations!

Danni said...

Congrats! What a great ATC, so cute!

Jeannie said...

Love the paper piecing! Really cute! Thanks so much for joining us at the Hambo Hoedown.

Jeannie
Hambo Design Team

Denice said...

A fun ATC indeed, love how you used stars to make the sun. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wicked Wednesday and congrats on your new DT in July.

Renee B. said...

Congratulations Jennifer! I keep thinking of applying for a DT & then wonder if my stuff is good enough so I don't bother.LOL
Hope you aren't too lonely without the men in your life being around.
Hugs, Renee

Cherished said...

Adorable. Thanks for playing at RCS.

caroline said...

just adorable, thank you for joining us at jic monthly, good luck
caroline dt

Henryka Kowacz said...

Hi Jennifer !!! So cute card. So happy that you joined us on Craft for the Craig !!! Henryka DT member.

sian said...

such a fun card :) Thank you for entering with us over at JIC this month, I hope you will join us again, our new monthly challenge goes live tomorrow and so does our weekly challenge. Sian (JIC Co-Owner)

The Paper Trail said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Your sketch was selected as the winner for the RCS "Vacation" challenge! Please contact me at SThom97093@aol.com for information on how to claim your prize. Once again, thank you for playing along with us at RCS; this card is adorable!