Followers

Translate

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Happy Easter Chicks with Egg Cart

Coffee of the Day - Hazelnut

I have to start out my post with a great big apology to everyone. I have been feeling absolutely horrid for so long, and have really been taking it out on everyone around me - both online and in person. I am so very sorry and ask your forgiveness. no matter how I am feeling, it is no excuse to be anything less than kind. all I can say is that I will try to do better.

I did manage to get to my craft room today for a little while. I really want to get a card made for everyone in Lauryn's family. if you aren't familiar with Lauryn's story, you can read more about her on the Facebook page that has been created by her family. she is the 2 year old grand-daughter of Linda Payne, who many people know for her talent and contributions in the crafting community.


I used images from the Crafty Secrets digital set, 'Spring Chicks.' papers are from the Basic Grey Fresh Cut collection (I've told you how much I love this one, haven't I?!?!), flower is Prima, twine is from Target, ticket punch is EK Success, kraft reinforcement sticker is from The Kraft Outlet, and everything else is from my stash. I added a cute little yellow envelope, a doily, some buttons & sequins, a bit of washi tape, and faux stitching. oh yes, I also used my SU! ink squirty tool. so love that thing! :)

I hope Lauryn's mom and dad like the card. make sure you stop by the Lots of Love for Lauryn blog to see what's up in preparation for the card drive blog hop on Monday. I had to pull out of helping out with it, but I still plan to take part in the hop. so many artists have provided artwork available for a donation and lots of prizes, too. :)

Challenges:
Crafty Secrets monthly linky party - anything goes with Crafty Secrets products
Clear it Out - anything goes with real or faux stitching and stash items
Creative Card Crew - spring
Fan-tastic Tues - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - spring has sprung
{pin}spirational - photo inspiration (chicks, flowers, colors)
Artistic Inspiration - Easter animals
Card Mania - Easter
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes/Easter
Crafty Boots - Easter
Created with Love - Easter
Digi Makeover - anything goes w/a digi
Incy Wincy - 3, 2, 1 recipe (3 designer papers, 2 digital images, 1 twine bow)
Lexi's Creations - Easter
Lunagirl Moonbeams - Victorian Spring
Melonheadz - time for spring
613 Avenue Create - anything goes with twist of sights/sounds/smells/tastes of spring
Dream Valley - Easter
Hobby Cutz - fauna and flora
Robyn's Fetish - Easter
Outlawz Paper a la Mode - animals
Simply Create Too - Easter or bunnies
The Stamping Boutique - Easter
Always Something Creative - Easter

28 comments:

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Jennifer!! I love the chickies :D so cute.
I'm sure Lauryn's parents will love it!
Hugs,Sandra

Dee's Craft Room said...

Really cute Easter card, your little chick image is so sweet. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Beautiful coloring on the Spring Chicks image, and such a happy card! I know Lauryn will be cheered by it! I'm so glad you joined in the fun at the April Crafty Secrets Linky Party! Kathy Clement/Design team leader http://www.kathybydesign

Karen Lunagirl said...

Thanks for entering your beautiful creation in my Victorian Spring challenge! I love the little buttons and sequins and stitching -- the whole effect reminds me of what I would find in my mother's vintage sewing basket, which I loved.

Michele said...

how lovely! thank you for joining the victorian spring challenge at lunagirl moonbeams! xo

Unknown said...

Fabulous Design....thank you for your valued support in entering our challenge, without you we would have no challenge.and I do hope you will join us again next week...for another fab challenge....
Hugs
Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday Challenge
XX

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Hi Jennifer, your chick card is adorable and I'm sorry you were having problems uploading it but looks like it's working great now

Thanks for sharing and joining our April Linky Party
Sandy

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous hun love it thank you for sharing with us at Clear it out and very good luck - I also have blog candy on my blog if you fancy a peek - have a good day love Judith x
http://judithsadorablecreations.blogspot.co.uk/

Hristovica said...

Very sweet card. Wonderful fresh spring colors. I like the combinations of different designer papers. Bravo.
Thank you for participating in our challenge at Creative card Crew.
Hugs
Adriana DT

Mrs Beez said...

This is such a lovely design, I love the vintage feel and the gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

Sheila Rumney said...

Thanks for joining in the Craft Secrets Linky Party. What a cute and colorful, sweet card.

Elizabeth said...

Oh so sweet Jennifer! I love that sweet little chick image and you have coloured it so beautifully. The whole card just screams Spring and cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Secrets April Linky Party and I hope you are soon feeling 100%.
Cheers, Elizabeth Lincoln

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Jennifer, Beautiful Easter card. I love your cute chick. Thank you for entering our Easter/Bunny Challenge at Simply Create Too. Our new challenge starts this coming Friday and we hope you enter it too.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card, love all the details, the colours, the fab papers and the adorable image! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations!

MRS DUCK said...

Hi
A lovely cheerful card that shouts "Easter"
Thanks for joining it at Hobbycutz Challenge.
Best wishes.
Ang

Penny said...

Beautiful card, Jen, with so many fabulous details. I would expect that the family will love this. :^)
Hugs, Penny

Marja B. said...

Such a lovely card! The image is cute and embellishments and details beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Marsha said...

So colorful. So much to see. Thanks for playing the digi makeover challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps.

Jacquel said...

Lovely card! I like the image you used & your coloring...very nice!

Thanks so much for playing along with us @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!

Darlene said...

I just love these little Easter chicks! Great coloring and design Jenn! Hugs to you! Thanks so much for playing along in our April Linky Party at Crafty Secrets! Good Luck!!

Darlene
Crafty Secrets DT
CRAFTY VINTAGE GIRL
CRAFTY SECRETS LINKY PARTY
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Unknown said...

wonderful design and layout, thanks for joining us over on artistic inspirations too x

Laurence said...

Very nice card, thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.

Laurence DT

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Hobbycutz this week.

Susan

meine-bastelarena said...

Such a cheery and wonderful card! Love all the layers and your image is too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Clear It Out Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

Unknown said...

Beautiful project! Love the colors. Thanks for playing at Crafting From The Heart. Hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.

Aluna said...

Sweet card - the chickens are so cute. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good Luck, Joanna DT

Suze said...

Lovely Easter card - cute image. Thanks for joining in with the recipe challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

PetraB said...

This is such a lovely and cute card. I am sure they will all love it. Thank you for joining us at Lunagirl Moonbeams.