Followers

Translate

Friday, May 10, 2013

Looking Forward

Coffee of the Day - Coconut Marshmallow

Today is Friday, do I hear a big cheer and hooray!??!? even though I haven't worked outside the home for several years, there is still something about a Friday that says, "let's celebrate! the weekend is here!"

My guys will all be home later today, and I am one happy happy momma! of course as life would have it, they are all working on Mother's Day, so David and I will be by ourselves for the entire day. but just knowing that all of my sons are home for the summer makes my heart soar to the heavens!

They will all be working out at Camp with David again, as they have for so many years now. Tyler and Mick will continue to work weekends at Buffalo Wild Wings in Kent, where they have been working for the past few months, and Ryan will continue to work weekends at Home Depot as well. They don't want to give up their summer Camp jobs just yet.... which says so much for the wonderful way God moves every summer through both the staff and campers.

Sorry that I don't have anything crafty to show today. in a few more days I'll have several projects for you, I promise! :)


God has really been working on my heart and soul about seasons of my life and letting go, especially how they relate to some of the DTs I've been on.

Ecclesiastes 3
3 'To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:'

Seasons come and go, some end while others begin. I can't hold on to what 'was' while still trying to look ahead to what is on the horizon. So I have to put old hurts aside, leave them on the edge of the road, and not look back. Because I'm not going that way.... I'm looking forward - to days of sunshine, hearts filled with joy, the sounds of the birds & my house full of men laughing at the silliest things. if something is bringing me down, it's time to let it go and leave it by the roadside. the season is over and a new one is just beginning.


Perhaps you, too, have some things to set down so that you can walk free into your new season. I urge you to take some time to pray, think, and most especially pray some more. Seasons of life are important, but we must let go of them in order to move on to the next.... God has amazing things in store for us if we can only move ourselves out of the way and allow Him to work in our lives.

my love to all of you!
Jennifer

11 comments:

Lisa Mensing said...

You are always so inspiring!

Hugs
Lisa

Sandra said...

Beautiful post Jennifer!
You always know the right words.
Hugs,Sandra

Tammy said...

Great post, thanks for the reminder

Anita said...

Your post has really touched my heart. TFS! Prayers & hugs to you.

Pam said...

Jen,

You always inspire me and make me realize that life is what we make it. It is just so easy to let all the little hurts and disappointments rule our lives and forget to look at the big picture. Thank you for being you!!! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!

{{{{HUGS}}}}
Pam

BrossArtAddiction said...

Great post and I know what you mean about the weekends. I too have not worked outside the home in about 5 years and the weekends always still have that same feeling for me too!

I want to thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a lovely comment. xx :)

Big Hugs,
xx Tracey xx

Stef H said...

you, my dear, are such an inspiration!!! you put joy in everyone's heart that you touch!

i would LOVE today's coffee flavor! never heard of it but boy, sounds yummy!

HAPPY, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, my friend. may your blessings abound!

hugs :)

Susan Raihala said...

What a wonderful post! I see so much suffering and pain in the world from holding on to things best let go, things for which the season has passed and moved on. This is something I've been pretty intentional about my whole life, and years married to the military helped me so much in recognizing the blessing that comes from letting go and moving forward.

Happy Mother's Day to you, Jennifer!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Jennifer - a wonderful post and something to inspire each and everyone one - lovely. (And, have a wonderful Mother's Day with your young men)

Tracey said...

Love to you too Jennifer!
I hope you're keeping okay. I'm so glad to hear your boys are going to be home for the summer.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Tlc Creations said...

Beautifully put. Happy Mother's Day~!
Paulette