Followers

Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Floral Thinking of You

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

Happy Saturday to everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend so far! it's very quiet here.... all of the guys are off at work. Just the dogs and I hanging out, watching the baby robins in their nest on the front door. it amazes me at how fast they grow! Probably won't be much longer before Momma Robin will be giving them their first flying lessons. that will be quite the treat to watch! :)

I've had a few complications and setbacks in my cancer battle. haven't done any crafting in about a week .... maybe I'll get a dash of energy this weekend and feel like heading into my craft room later on. I sure hope so.... I do miss it, but just don't have the gumption to get in there right now. just so very sore and tired and very very fuzzy headed.

anyway, thought I would share with all of you the card I had submitted for the Paper Crafts Stamping Royalty contest. it was a reject, but on the positive side it has been sent to troops for Operation Write Home. that does make the rejection so much easier to take... in fact it's nice knowing, or hoping anyhow, that this card will make someone's day a bit brighter.


Stamps are from Penny Black 'A Bunch' set, papers are Basic Grey Soleil, buttons are vintage, harlequin die is MFT, and twine is Maya Road. a ticket and some washi tape complete the card. pretty simple, but I do like the way it turned out.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Jennifer

Challenges:
Simon Says - flower power
Basic Grey - inspired by a song (In the Garden)
Crafty Calendar - blooms and blossoms
My Sheri Crafts - flower power
One Stop Craft - anything goes
Penny Black Saturday - anything goes
Creative Corner - a song (In the Garden)
Stamping with the Dragon - a flower for Mum
Wags 'n Whiskers - anything goes
A Little Bit Crafty - kraft
Always Something Creative - plants
Country View Crafts - how does your garden grow
Fresh Brewed Designs - flowers
Catch the Bug - bingo: twine, die cut, starts with 'g' (green)
As You Like it - fave 2 color combo: pink, pink, pink, pink, pink...... okay, y'all know how much I love my pinks! grins! but really, I do love the way pinks of all shades go with kraft. I use my crumb cake ink and pretty in pink shades of ink more than any others.... so sad pretty in pink has retired. :(  don't know what I'm gonna do 'cause it's all sold out. boo hooo hooo! (my card here has brighter shades of pink ink)
Delightful - bingo: buttons, add dimension (main image and tag are popped up on foam tape), pattern paper
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - spring has sprung
Nutkrafters - kraft
Whimsy Inspiration - anything goes

29 comments:

Pam said...

Jen,

Love your card! No reject in my book.:) Hope you will feel better today! Prayers to you and yours.

Pam

KarinsArtScrap said...

what a lovely card Jennifer.
thanks for join us at Digistamps4Joy.

greetings karin DT member

Joan B said...

love those pops of pink! Paper Crafts focuses on clean and simple so I am not surprised. They focus on pretty much one style.

I am sorry that you are having such a very rough time. Hugs

Sandra said...

Like your card Jennifer!!
hope you feel a bit better soon!
Hugs,Sandra

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Hi Jennifer,
Your card is so lovely and I'm sure will brighten up someone! Hope your days are getting better and brighter, may God bless you always. Thank you for playing along with us at Digistamps 4 Joy and we hope to see you again. Good Luck :)
Hugs,
Asmah
[DS4J DT Member]
[Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Personal Blog]

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great card! Love the pink and purple against the neutral background! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

kateri said...

Very pretty card. It's good to see you up and about. I hope you feel better.

Sandy Palmer said...

I like the look of the design here! I pray better days ahead for you! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the papers & the shapes you have used!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Stef H said...

NONE of your creations are ever "rejects". they're ALWAYS gorgeous and i know made with lots of love! this is stunning. love the flower pots!

hope you're feeling better soon and know you are ALWAYS in my prayers. on the bright side.... my mojo hasn't been around much lately. good thing i have a folder filled with cards waiting to get posted (my cheat sheet - LOL).

have a fabulous day!

hugs :)

Unknown said...

Great composition, an eclectic mix that comes together well. Thank you for sharing it with us this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

Annerieke said...

Such a beautiful card, I like you used twine. Thanks for joining us at Digistamps4Joy.

Annerieke
DT member

Debbie said...

Lovely card and great use of kraft.I hope things improve for you soon.Thinking of you.Thanks for joining in with us at Nutcrafters.Hugs Debbie x

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great card!!! Thanks for joining us at
Digistamps4Joy.
Lynda (DT Member)

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details on your card! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Jennifer, a great design and fabulous colours. Your image is delightful and such wonderful details!!

Thanks so much for joining with Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is so pretty! Love the layout and the little ticket peeking from behind the image.
Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.
We just released a new rubber stamp and are hopping today, hope to see you stop in and play along!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pink overdose! thhehehhehee..... I KNOW you know I Love pink as much as you! (cough)
Great card and I really love Kraft too!
Great to see you at AYLI thanks for playing along! hugs me xx

VanessaB said...

so very pretty! thanks for joining us at fresh brewed designs :)

Angela said...

Lovely card with lots of testures and shapes. Fab colour combo.

Thanks for taking part in the Stampin'with the Dragon' Flowers for Mum challenge with us.

Angela (SDD DT)

tinamarie said...

so cute! I love how you used the layers
Thank you playing with us on Creative Corner Challenges

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Jenniifer! I love your beautiful design and fabulous button border! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!
Tammy x

Clarissa Schupp said...

What a great work! Thanks for joining us at ASC.
hugs Clarissa

Deloris said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!

Jodie Mackrell said...

lovely card! so glad you could join us in our challenge this weeks at Catch the Bug !

Tlc Creations said...

Love the border. The whole card is wonderful~!
Paulette

sammi said...

Cute card. Love all the textural elements. Hope you feel better, soon.Thanks for linking up with us this week! We appreciate you sharing your creativity with us in our “May Bingo” challenge at Catch The Bug! We appreciate you! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

Raquel said...

Very pretty card

Thanks for sharing with My Sheri Crafts!

Annette said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry you're having a bad time again. It's really pants. I hope you have some good luck soon. It's so unfair. Big hugs honey.

ps - Thank you so much for joining in with our favourite colour challenge at As You Like It.
Annette
My blog : Netty's Cards
Proud to design for As You Like It Challenge.
xx