Followers

Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Several Cards - Finally!

Coffee of the Day - Santa's White Christmas (yep, it's been one of those weeks. our holidays are all mixed up!)

I finally have a few cards to show you. this has been one of those turned upside down and inside out kinds of weeks. the guys have been home for Spring Break, but we've hardly seen them. Tyler and Mick have started  new jobs at the same restaurant in Kent, so they've been driving back & forth all week for training. the restaurant opens on Monday.

as I had posted earlier, our water heater went kaput the first part of the week. David spent a few days trying to track down a proper replacement and then install a new one. because we live in a Century home, not just any hot water heater will work in our basement. it's hard to find one that will fit, and of course they don't come on the cheap end.... then yesterday as Tyler was driving to work, his car started to act funny. it's about an hour drive to Kent from here, so he stayed on the phone with Dave pretty much the entire time. Mick had been staying with his girlfriend's family for several days because he is singing at their church Easter morning. (He was going into work during the day and then going over to the church in the evening for rehearsals.) So David drove over to Kent to work on Tyler's car yesterday morning and ended up spending all day there.

When Mick arrived, everyone discovered that he was super sick with a nasty flu/cold. So he was sent home to recuperate. I immediately mixed up a tea brew in preparation for him, and he's been in bed ever since. whew.....hopefully Mick will feel well enough to make it to church tomorrow to sing. we've all been invited to Jocelyn's family Easter dinner afterward, then the guys head back to school. :(

now for the cards after you have sat through the boring life stuff! ;)

the first card I actually made a while back and then forgot to post! everything today is courtesy of Create with TLC or Baubles by Bri.


papers are K & Co. Julianne, images are Create with TLC sprayed with walnut ink after printing,  flower is a gorgey one by Prima, buttons are vintage, ribbon is May Arts, tiny file folder is from JoAnn's. I used my beloved tiny attacher from Tim Holtz and lavel maker and finished it all off with a little metal clip.

A new Paper a la Mode challenge begins today at The Outlawz, so this is my DT submission to hopefully inspire everyone!


next card is for my best friend and her family. they have been going through a lot lately, and I wanted her to know I've been thinking about her. even though we text all the time, it's nice to get a reminder in the mail. sentiment is Create with TLC, image is Baubles by Bri, papers are Melissa Frances Attic Treasures, buttons are vintage, as are the seam tape ribbon & lace trim. the tag was sprayed with both Clam Bake & Coffee Shop glimmer mist. several washi tapes were added and then a tiny arrangement of some flowers that seemed to match the ones in the main image were added near the largest button. I added dots to the flower stems on the main image with my white gel pen to mimic the ones in the little flowers.

a publication update for you - I have several cards being published in a UK magazine next month. I'll give you more information as soon as I get it. another card will be published in an online magazine in a few months. yep, I'm excited! :)

I'm working on my May Arts spring challenge project in my spare time. have a few extra ribbons I ordered coming in over the next few days. hope that what I plan turns out to be a neat project! I've been picking up little pieces here, there, and everywhere, so you never know what is going to show up on this! tee hee! the competition is very fierce, so I'm trying to bring my A+++++++ game to the ring. yikes!

--------> keep your eyes open because I am finally going to be posting my 500+ followers blog candy soon!

Challenges:
Whoopsi Daisy - use a digi
One Stitch at a Time - use a digi
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Lacy Sunshine - layer it up (in my thoughts card)
Chocolate, Cards, and Coffee - bring on spring (in my thoughts card)
Creative Corner - anything goes
Digital Tuesday - spring colors (in my thoughts card)
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with ribbon (knowledge card)
Paper Crafting Journey - ribbon or lace
Party Time Tuesdays - anything goes
CRAFT - Mother's Day/Female (in my thoughts card)
Crafting by Designs - vintage Easter or Spring (in my thoughts card)
Totally PaperCrafts - metal (knowledge card)
Creative Card Crew - for a man (knowledge card)
LEJ Designs - vintage or retro
Allsorts - vintage

23 comments:

Alyx said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer. Really loving the soft, vintage colours and papers.

Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Mimi said...

Lovely card Jennifer, you have done so well too considering you super busy week to have had time to craft. Hope all goes well with the singing . Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW! You have been so crafty and made so many amazing cards in the pat few weeks. Way to go - I am so happy to know you are feeling well enough to be so creative.

I'm so behind and have not made a card in days, but DO HOPE to start again soon and can hardly wait. I'm also very thankful that my Mom is doing well now after her open heart surgery and that all the tests I went through lately, have come back fine! Phew!!!

You are often on my mind and I think of you often...even thought I may not post as much as I used do, You still are thought of every day and I continue to pray for miracles and that you'll win your battle.

Big hugs and have a very special and love filled Easter!!

Love and hugs,
Lisa

Penny said...

Wow--your family has been going through lots of "stuff" this week, huh? My word. Hope everything and everyone is OK ASAP!
Two beautiful cards, Jen! Love the great designs on both--love all the wonderful embellies you used on each of them, too! And congrats on your published cards! :^)
Hope you have a wonderful Easter! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandra said...

Lovely cards jennifer!! Love the soft colors.
Hugs,sandra

catherine said...

These are both lovely and thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts for my challenge
x catherine

Anonymous said...

Both gorgeous cards hun..
Huggles for your son I hope he gets better real soon.

And I hope also that you got your water heater sorted in the end..

I wonder how many miles apart our respective Kents are? I may just have to look into that one .. smiles.

I love how you can travel half way around the world and still find somewhere with the same place name.

Wishing you all a fabulous Easter Weekend Jen.

Hugs,
Karen.xx

Unknown said...

Great cards, I love all the details!

Thank you for joining the challenge at the Creative Card Crew!

Sheena
xxx

Joan B said...

i love your soft colors and all the details. great work. happy easter!

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow this is really great use of those digis. Love the use of the buttons.

Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Dewi Lestari said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards Challenges: Bring on Spring
Hugs
Dewi

Laine said...

Such fabulous creations. Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at PCJ Challenge.
Laine
xx

Sarah said...

Beautiful creations Jennifer, love the muted colours and details. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Vintage challenge x

Wendy said...

Fabulous creations...Thanks for joining us Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend.

I love both of your cards. It's good to see you're up to some crafting.

Unknown said...

Fab projects! Thanks so much for sharing them with me. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

Thank you for entering our retro/vintage theme over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog.
What gorgeous cards. I especially love the first one with the torn out papers and the gorgeous brown tones. What lovely makes and both very different.
I hope you will play along with us again.
Hugs Lisa xxxxx LEJ DT

Laura said...

Fab card
Hope you are all well again soon
Thank you so much for joining us over at Crafty Ribbons
Have a good week
Laura
:)

Angelique said...

These are stunning. Can't decide which one I like best, theyre both absolutely gorgeous.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Anke said...

Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons
hugs Anke

Joanne said...

What a beautiful card! It is sure to cheer your friend. It's wonderful to remember her with a card and not just a text! So happy to have you join us at CC&CC. I hope you come back again. Joanne

Julia said...

Jenn, gorgeous vintage creations. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.
Hugs,
Julia

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card and thanks for sharing at craft this week and hope to see you next week