Followers

Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Randomness....

Coffee of the Day - Gingerbread

no card to show you today, I'm afraid. sorry about that, but I've been in bed most of these past few days, sicker than that proverbial dog. cancer is just flat out yucky. okay, enough of that. suffice it to say, I am getting weary of feeling icky all the time. blech! I hope to get some crafting done in the next few days if all goes well and I'm feeling a bit better.

anyhow, still snowing like crazy here. it's so pretty! I haven't updated you on my critter friends in a while, so here goes....
my owl friend is back from his winter vaca to parts unknown. he woke me up with his hoot, hoot, hoots the other morning. so lovely to have him around again! my little squirrel buddy is no longer a baby, but has reached the 'toddler' stage and is fighting the blue jays for the peanuts I leave out on the front porch banister. it's pretty funny to listen to them 'argue' with one another over who is going to keep the peanuts! yes, I am very easily amused when it comes to the critters on my front porch! :) the other birds still enjoy their games of chase and my front door wreath. hubby still insists that I take it down, while I am just as adamant that it stays put. I've counted as many as 5 birds perched upon it at one time.


my ribbons arrived yesterday for the big May Arts Spring Challenge! I am so excited to get started on my project. the ribbons they sent are absolutely gorgeous, as you can imagine! the tricksy part is going to be taking photos of all the steps. my shaky hands and a camera do NOT get along well. that is why I use my scanner all the time. oh well. crossing fingers it goes well.

all of my handsome, fabulous sons are home for Spring Break.... can you tell I am such a proud mom?! they stay up late gaming and laughing, and Dave is right in the midst of it all! what joy it brings to my heart! :) life truly couldn't get any better than this.....

well, maybe if the hot water heater hadn't gone out. as in cracked a leak and poured water all over the basement floor. but such is life. always something to make you thankful for the multitudes of things that go right every day that we take for granted. so thank you to the heater in our cold weather and the refrigerator and the car and our clothes and our dogs and the electricity and so on and so on...... :)

my tip for the day - if you sit down at a restaurant and notice that they offer grape as a flavor of margarita, more than likely the drinks there will NOT be very good! ask me how I know..... and no, I did NOT order a grape margarita..... I know better. ;)


7 comments:

Sandra said...

Hope you feel a bit better soon, so you can enoy your crafting again!
Can't wait to see you beautiful ribbons :-) and what you will create with it!
I also discovered "our"owls again!
Should be a sign of spring although it is still very cold here in the Netherlands!
Hugs and thoughts for you,Sandra

Tammy said...

Praying for strength and peace. So glad your men are home, I love it when all my kiddos are home.

Penny said...

Aww, Jennifer, so sorry you are still feeling yucky. Hope that passes soon, so you can get back to crafting. I, too, am looking forward to seeing what you create for May Arts! Sending you big hugs, Penny

Tracy said...

Sorry to hear you are down and out at the moment, Sending prayers the ickies will disappear to parts unknown. :-) We didn't have squirrels around for years after katrina, but they're back now and I enjoy seeing them in my yard. They're always entertaining especially when the Blue Jay's dive bomb them. LOL Can't wait to see your ribbon projects. Do you have a little tripod for your camera? I couldn't live without mine and if your camera has a delayed setting you can get it all set up and not have to be touching it when the photo snaps. Just a thought. Enjoy your day! I'm having one of those be still and maybe nothing else will go wrong ones. LOL Hugs!

Anita said...

You are such an inspiration to me. You are in my daily prayers. I am so glad you have your sons home and enjoying the wildlife. You can keep the snow. I prefer warm CA weather. LOL!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling so poorly, Jennifer. I loved hearing about your owl and squirrel, though. It's mating season here in Turkey Town, and we are enjoying seeing the males vie for their female prizes. There's still a lot of snow on the ground, but we do have patches of lawn starting to show through. The sound of melting is everywhere, though, and mud season will be here before we know it. Enjoy your boys while they are home, and I hope that you start to feel better soon. :)

Tlc Creations said...

OK, that just sound YUCK~! Grape Margaritas.....I'll bite...how do you know the drinks there will not be very good?
And ........... I LOVE SHELDON~!
Paulette