Followers

Translate

Friday, March 29, 2013

Greater Love

Coffee of the Day - Coconut Marshmallow

it's Good Friday. not really a time when I would say 'Happy Good Friday' to ya, because it is more a time of  quiet reflection than a happy occasion. a week that began with 'hosanna' and 'hallelujah' is now starting to hear cries of persecution. how quickly the crowds will turn.

we all have times like that in our own lives. what starts out as a mountain top experience soon seems to feel like a fall over the edge.

BUT there is good news. we are not alone. we do not walk this journey by ourselves. we have friends who come along beside us at different points in our lives. sometimes they are there only for a season, sometimes they are there for longer. regardless, we need to remember that it is all too easy to turn inward during times of difficulty - to hold everything inside. that is one of the lies of depression.

and above all, we each have a Father in Heaven whose love for us can hardly be put into words. it is more vast than the number of sand grains on a beach, deeper than the love you feel for your own children, more encompassing than the stars in a night sky......and it is pure and true and never wavers depending upon what you wear or how much money you make or what kind of car you drive or don't drive. or even whether you have  hair or not. He loves YOU. God loves YOU. and that is where the 'Good' comes into Good Friday. that is the good news. because that tomb may be filled for a few days, but it doesn't stay that way.


I found this pretty little calling card one day while out with David doing some of our antiquing. it is dated 1897. funny, that is the year my grandfather was born. it reads, "Loyal friendship, pure and true. This is what I feel for you." it is such a pretty little card. I want to share one of my very favorite verses with you that seems perfect alongside this.....  John 15:13 KJV
13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

for those of you who don't know me very well, I do have a tattoo and have plans to get more. but my tattoo has a very deep meaning to me - it is a reflection of my faith, and all that follow will be the same. my next one will be a reflection of this verse.

and so I wish for you and your family a very 'Good' Friday. may you feel the love that God has for you. and may you know that love in your heart forever. you are truly loved with an everlasting love that will not go away! now THAT is the good news of Easter! :)
Jennifer

5 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Thank you for sharing this Jen. I love the calling card. I hope you have a Good Friday and a very Happy Easter.

Pam said...

Jen,

Wishing you and yours a very blessed Easter! He is risen, he is risen indeed!

Tracy said...

Well put my friend. Have a wonderful and blessed Easter. Hugs!

Tina said...

Great blog message today, Jen. Hope you and your family have a blessed Easter.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Stef H said...

hey jen.... beautiful post.

wishing you and yours a truly blessed easter!

hugs :)