Followers

Translate

Thursday, December 6, 2012

In the Blink of an Eye....

Coffee of the Day - Christmas Blend

An entire perspective, an entire life - all of that can change in the blink of an eye. it only takes one brief moment and what seemed solid & under your feet one moment becomes nothing more than thin air & a flimsy rope 5000 feet off the ground.

This has been a week. One of THOSE weeks. I can't begin to put it all into words, and there are things I won't ever share here as they are far too personal to my family at this point in time.

image from The Graphics Fairy

But this I will tell you - God is good. in the worst of circumstances, He is faithful and never leaves our side. When the world is crashing down around you, He is there to spread His wings over each one of us - to love and protect us because we are His. When all seems dark and lost, He is the light to shine as a beacon home.

I have had my priorities set straight once again. Blogging can go away, crafting can go away, oh so many 'things' can go away. what matters most is that I have a precious family that means more to me than any other thing in this world. Friends who support us gather near.

We all need to feel loved. We need to tell the people we love that we love them EVERY DAY! We need to surround ourselves with people who encourage us, who lift us up above the muck and grime of this world. if you have toxic people in your life - walk away from them. you don't need that. if you have toxic situations in your life, do whatever it takes to remove yourself from those circumstances and make things clean & healthy again. YOU matter. you matter to someone. you matter to God whether you know Him or not. He knows you. and He loves you with all that He is.

I don't know how much I'll be blogging through the end of the year. the blog candy contests will still stay open. but right now my focus must be elsewhere.

I pray for each of you the most blessed and beautiful holiday season. YOU are loved, more than you can possibly know. by me! :)
Jennifer

p.s. this week I did drop off 2 big boxes of craft supplies to some friends who will pass along what they don't want to their church and 2 more boxes of cards to the chemo center at my oncologist's office when I went in for my appt. yesterday. The acts of kindness for December continue.....

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and all of your family wonderful blessings through the end of the year! We will be thinking of you! Take care my friend!! BIGGEST WARM HUGS

julie e said...

Here's hoping you and your family are able to celebrate the joy and peace of the holiday season. Your posts are so inspirational and really help keep me focused on the positive and what is most important. Thank you for all you've shared this year.

Rhonda Miller said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers Jen. I hope you have a beautiful, peaceful Christmas season with your family. Sending you big hugs.
Rhonda

Linda B (NY Card Lady) said...

Prayers and blessings to you and your family. Your blog continually reminds me what is important in life. Thank you for sharing your story.....your positive approach to life is such a wonderful reminder to focus on the important and let the rest fall away. God is good and will take care of us and guide us if we just listen.....
Surround yourself with family and friends and celebrate this special season of "His Birth".

Sandra said...

Dear Jennifer,
I wish you a good christmas season, with your family and persons you love!
You're in my mind and my thoughts.
Hugs,Sandra

Lucy Patrick said...

Wishing you a very merry and joyful Christmas with your family Jennifer, XOX Lucy

Joan B said...

I am sorry to read this post and will remind myself every day of your advice. I know it is trite to call someone an "inspiration" but you are. I hope you and your family spend lots of time together and have a peaceful Christmas. Hugs, Joan

Helen said...

Dear Jennifer, God is indeed faithful and I hope you feel his loving care for you and your family at this time. I'll miss seeing your blog and your creations for now but you do right with your priorities :-) Enjoy the Christmas season with your family. Helen x

Esther said...

You are a wonderful and special person Jennifer!!!!
I wish you a blessed and peaceful holiday season with your family!!!!! Thank you for your wonderful posts, they will be missed!

vdoyle8 said...

Dear Jennifer - I just got a chance to chat with your at this year's HYCCT on SCS. Your challenge was so upbeat and positive that I checked out your blog. I quickly subscribed. I pray for your health and your family. I wish you a happy Christmas season, celebrating with your family and friends.

Pam said...

Jennifer,

Thank you for being you!! You always lift me up with your post and please know from my family to yours we wish you a wonderful, peaceful and joyful Christmas. God bless you always!!

{{{Hugs}}}
Pam

Tracy said...

There you go being a blessing again. Your family should always come before other things and YES... God IS good! Hugs to you my friend!

Tlc Creations said...

Prayers are with you my friend. I am blessed to create with you.
Paulette

Penny said...

Hey, Jen, be sure to take time to smell the coffee. ;^) I hope you have some wonderful flavors to keep you company over the holidays.
I wish you and your family a holiday season filled with love and peace.
Sending you much love & megahugs, Penny

Susan Raihala said...

Warm hugs and lots of prayers for you, Jennifer!

Dorte said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts,
hugs Dorte xxx

Starla said...

Wow. This post was just what I needed today. So, thank you for reminding me what is important. That is another act of kindness!!
I'll keep you and you family in my thoughts and prayers!

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Jenn,
I am hoping that next week with be a better week! I continue to have you on my mind and think of your often.

Please know that I'm hoping you and your family have a loving and warm Christmas! I hope all your boys are home !

Hugs,
Lisa

teepee said...

Praying for you and yours today and always...wishing you a quiet, warm and love-filled season. God bless you, and Merry Christmas.

Cindy O said...

Sending a prayer for you and your family. Thank you for all you share with us.

Melissa S. said...

Jennifer, you just keep on inspiring me. It is always such a joy to stop by your blog and catch up with you. What a lovely post today. I hope you and your family has a wonderful Christmas. I have been trying to focus on enjoying each day rather than letting the I need to do this or that. I want to do is my mantra for the month of December. So I don't get bogged down with things I can't change. Love and hugs to you always. Melissa

Judy said...

Hi Jennifer,

I just wanted to stop by, and say hi and to let you know you are loved by so many, and are so inspiring!! It's late for me, but I have come to love reading your post, as they set me straight and help me keep my priorities in perspective. I wish you and your family the very best Christmas.

Lots of prayers and love sent your way.

xo
Judy

Jenn Borjeson said...

You are so right, my friend, as you usually are. It's one of the reasons I moved 3000 miles away from where I grew up, it was time for a fresh start - away from toxicity and negativity. I always keep you in my thoughts and I'm sending you all of my love, my friend. xoxoxoxoxo

Sylvia Zet said...

Very inspiring post Jennifer, have beautiful Christmas, keep well and surrounded by love.

Link Up for Pink said...

Prayers and blessing to you and your family Jen!! BIG HUGS!

Mary said...

God bless you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mary