Followers

Translate

Friday, January 13, 2012

New Releases at A Day for Daisies

This post is another bittersweet one..... late last night the DT for A Day for Daisies received the news that our term is ending. So this is my last post for this lovely company. I will miss Tammy's images more than you can imagine, but thankfully Etsy is saved in my favorites and isn't too far away. ;)


Tammy has some beautiful images releasing today. My card is made with Authentique Freebird papers and the image called, "My New Book." I created a hammock with a little twig and linen thread. senti is Create with TLC. the little girl was printed out twice and then popped up on foam tape for more dimension. buttons are October Afternoon. I added little polka dots to her socks, just for a bit of whimsy.


My next card features a cute release image from the January Club Kit. her princess party dress was painted with sparkle shimmer spray for a wonderful all-over shine. the same spray was used on the rose. papers are Authentique Freebird Nest Delight. the tag was sprayed with pink cadillac glimmer mist for additional shine on the card. pretty pink everywhere! :) buttons are all vintage.

it's very ironic that for both teams I'm leaving today, every card I've ever made for either team has won at least one contest or challenge. I feel a sadness that a part of my crafting history has ended....... but I do look to the future for the window that will open. :)

Challenges
hammock card:
Moving Along with the Times - spots and/or stripes

pretty pink princess card:
Art Impressions - pink, pink, and more pink
Authentique - sketch

11 comments:

Carla S. said...

Both cards are beautiful, Jennifer! I love the papers and images! Wonderful designs!

Anne Temple said...

Love the hammock you created - very clever. Sorry to hear they ended the term so abruptly. Beautiful image.

Anne Fenton said...

Jennifer, your card is lovely. Sorry your term is over, I know how you feel, I miss them too. Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week.

Renee B. said...

As always Jennifer, your cards are amazing. Love the little hammock you created!

Jennifer said...

You make so many incredible cards! I love the hammock you hung and the papers are fabulous! As always I love how you incorporate buttons into each of your works of art! Sorry to hear about the team ending. I pray for you a window opened to something beautiful!

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet! I love the image and how you've framed her! Gorgeous papers and layout - it's a stunner! Love your other card too - so sweet and delish!!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and good luck in the challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Lisa said...

Jennifer you are one of the joys that has come out of my term at A Day For Daisies! I have enjoyed crafting with you and am disappointed that part is coming to an end. Your cards are so inspirational to me - I love your creativity and will be checking in on your blog frequently! ;)

Suzie McFloozy said...

O jen these are gorgeous - I ADORE the 1st with that precious image and the beautiful sentiment. We are keen readers in our house now I just wish I had a warm hammock to settle into !
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Unknown said...

I love Tummy's images, and your creations are fab
hugs
Ildiko

Misty said...

Wonderfullness going on here. Love the images you've paired with the Authentique. Thanks for playing along.

-Misty
Authentique Paper DT

Pami said...

Gorgeous creations! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x