Followers

Translate

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Color Challenge at Party Time Tuesday

Coffee of the Day - Caramel Hazelnut

Hello! Y'all are just about the best bloggin' buddies this gal could ever have, ya know?! your super sweet comments have given me the biggest smiles and brought tears of joy to my face. thank you oh, so much! :) Still having seizures over here, but hanging in..... thank you from the bottom of my itty bitty heart!


I want to tell you about the new challenge going on over at Party Time Tuesdays starting today. Jenn has put together a photo inspiration and color challenge that is just gorgeous. Be sure to stop by to see the wonderful projects created by the DT, as I know you will be impressed! :)

I used this cutie snowman from Paper Pretties, one of the sponsors this week, on my card. senti is Create with TLC. this is the first card I've made in forever that doesn't have a lot of patterned paper on it. My friend Anita sent me a beautiful Christmas card using the same embossing folder from SU!, and it reminded me that I hadn't used mine in ages. so out it came and the card just started creating itself. the embossed layer is sprayed with Mr. Huey's white mist and sparkle shimmer spray. the edges were sponged with white craft ink


The main image was accenetd with my spica gel pen. little snow dots were made with a Viva Decor pearl pen. the bg was then stippled around it. the cool thing is that any ink that got onto a snow dot could be gently wiped off with a tissue. neat! the dsp is My Mind's Eye Lime Twist and was punched with a SU! border punch that matches the embossing folder. that is one of the cool-io things about SU! - everything goes together! :) The snowflake was punched from a piece of packaging and sprayed with the same sparkle shimmer spray. the little pink clippie kinda sorta got in the way of the grand spraying of Mr. Huey's, so it has a few little white speckles upon it! ;) oh well..... let's just say it got caught in a blizzard!

I think that sums it up...... please pardon the typos and rambling... my head is so all over the place these days, I'm doing good to get a post done. ha! love ya!

Crafty Boots - song title (gotta go with 'Frosty the Snowman' here, don't ya think?!)
House of Gilli - winter
Crafting When We Can - something not intended for crafting (pink clippie-office supply, doily-Wilton foods, buttons-notions, packaging for snowflake-from a box of push pins)
2 Sisters - embossing
Sassy Studio - winter colors

15 comments:

Carla S. said...

Hi Jennifer! Glad to see you were able to post today! Your card is so cute! Love that adorable snowman! Keep getting better!

Renee B. said...

Jennifer, this is a lovely card! So glad to see your beautiful work. Hope you are getting better every day & will soon be back to your wonderful self. Take care.

ddazzled71 said...

Jen I am sorry to hear you have not been well and I hope you are feeling better real soon. Your card is adorable, I really love the embossing and the polka dot strip. Just beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Jen, this is incredible! Love your agile snowman and the snow effects you've added! Love your angled ribbon and the great sentiment!

Dee's Craft Room said...

What else, it had to by Frosty the Snowman! Great card and I love this colour palette.

Thanks for sharing your work with Crafty Boots Challenges.

Hope you are feeling more yourself really soon.

Dionne

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh Jen I hope you just keep feeling better, my friend. This is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us at Sassy Studios Dare to be Sassy Thursday challenge! :)

CraftyDaffy said...

Love your card, and yes, Frosty the Snowman is a perfect inspiration for your wintery wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Boots Challenges. xx Denise

happyscrapper said...

Hi jennifer,
I love your snowman and all the wintery blues. This card gives me a chill great job. Thanks for playing along with us at DTBS. Hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at SSD

Sara said...

How flippin adorable Jen! I love it, thanks for playing along with SSD!

Joynana said...

A real feel of winter and snow. Love the colors and the papers that you have chosen. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters embossing challenge. HOpe to see you next week.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for Dare To Be Sassy Thursday at Sassy Studio Designs.

febe said...

Lovely card. Beautiful work on the color and embossing. The snowman is adorable.

elastin 3 stretch mark crea

Yone said...

Cute snowman ! Hoping to see you again at the House of GILLI Challenges !

Poppet said...

Great card Jennifer, love the colour you chose for your background. The skating snowman looks wonderful and in England we need the 'warm thoughts' you're sending.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx