Followers

Translate

Friday, May 13, 2011

I Need a Hero! :)

Coffee of the Day - Mocha

Has everyone been having Blogger issues or is it just me? so in comes a SuperHero to save the day! :) I made this card several days ago, but just haven't been able to get into Blogger to get it posted. crossing fingers it stays active long enough for me to finish typing! ;)


I read about a young 9 year old boy named Dylan with some serious health problems over on Dustin Pike's blog last week and was inspired to make a card to send off to him. Since all of my compy woes wiped out my stash of digis, I was rummaging through my little bag of 'already printed out images' for something that might work. I came across this Super Hero from Mo at Digital Pencil that just seemed perfect! I know it isn't one of Dustin's, but hope that it will work nonetheless.


Papers are from the K & Co. Americana collection. not sure where the baker's twine is from as I purchased it on Etsy a while back. buttons are just part of my ever-growing collection. as soon as I un-earth the proper letters, I will place a monogram on his chest in the circle using stickers. I haven't found the right colors in my collection yet, but will keep digging.

Everyone have a most glorious weekend! love to you all! :)

Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes plus a sentiment
Tuesday Taggers - One for the Boys
Cards for Men - masculine for someone special
Craft Your Passion - Check it Out (use checks, plaids, or gingham)
Kaboodle Doodles - Lots of Layers
Pollycraft - Boyz 2 Men
Ribbon Reel - Color Challenge
Stamps R Us - Masculine
Stamp Something - Anything Goes (Happy 3 year Anniversary!)
Digital Pencil 2 - Here Comes Summer (patriotic colors for both Memorial Day & July 4th)

17 comments:

Oscar said...

What a 'super' card, I love all the distressed edges. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

farmhouse-story said...

this is just too cute, jennifer! how sweet of you to brighten dylan's day:)

Kathy and Lucky said...

This is such a fun card and Dylan will just love it. Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.

Pauline said...

This is a wonderful card, you have used the colours perfectly here!

Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Pat said...

This is just the cutest card! I don't know how I've missed this fun Mo Manning image...(adding to my "must have" list right now! LOL!) So happy that you've been able to join this week for Mo's fun challenge! Hugs. Pat Frank

**Farrah** said...

Fantastic "boys" card!
Thanks for playing at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

What a great boy card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Tanya S said...

Great card hun!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passions!

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card for a young lad who reakons hes superman. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. with hugs Shirleyx

Neil said...

Lovely card. Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately it will not be eligible for the prize draw at Try it on Tuesday as it is tag week there but thanks for sharing

Elaine L. said...

Such a great card! I love the papers and colors you've used with this image. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Dorcas said...

Oh wow this must be ab old Mo image I don't think Ive ever seen this one. Great job! We really appreciate you joining in our challenge here at Mo’s.
Hugs,
Dorcas

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

What a fun card and he obviously saved the day because Blogger is working again!

Lisa said...

So cute! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge!

Kitty said...

This is super cute, love that lil guy! Fab colours and papers too!

Thanks for sharing your creations with us at CFM and hope to see you again for the next challenge!

Kitty xx

Marlene said...

What a sweet, adorable little superhero card!

Gina Lindsay said...

his is just too cute. I love the little stars you added. Perfect!