Followers

Translate

Friday, August 13, 2010

College Survival Guide Rule #1

Coffee of the Day - Maple Vanila

Today starts a new challenge over at the PCP Squigglefly group - Get Your Freak On. the idea is to make a project using an image of something that scares you or that represents a movie, book, or ghost story. We are celebrating Friday the 13th in style over there! :)

My card uses this adorable image by Cheryl Alger, "Monkey Scare". Many of you know how deathly afraid of monkeys I am. I decided to start a series of cards for Tyler and Mick who are both heading off to college this year. Tyler leaves today and Mick next week. the inside of this card reads, "Monkeys are Evil! when in doubt, always refer back to this rule." I think they will get a kick out of it, as this is a known 'momism' around here....... This card also works for the ghost story, "The Monkey's Paw" which started my fear in the first place. eeeeek!

The papers are Basic Grey Junebug. I kept the design pretty simple, just adding a few buttons & ribbon.

Have a wonderful day! I am going to try REALLY hard to not cry too much today, but so far it's been tough...... I am so gonna miss my guys.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer--this card is fabulous!! I'm sure your guys will be cracking up when they get the cards!!!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts!! I can't even imagine what this will be like for me!!

HUGS!!!

Holly Young said...

I think your card is great Jennifer, and I'm sure your boys will get a big kick out of it!