Followers

Translate

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Sunset Celebrations in the Woods

Honorable Mention at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies
Coffee/Tea of the Day - Spiced Pumpkin Hazelnut coffee

Hello! the weekend is almost upon us.  can you feel it in the air?  :)

In honor of our beautiful fall weather here, I am sharing a card that I created to recognize our son both moving across several states and becoming engaged. he and his fiancee became engaged at dusk in the woods, which is the scene I tried to replicate. their new home in Missouri is also surrounded by many trees, so the card serves a double purpose. I do apologize for the poor lighting. I was trying to get the photo taken before my husband left the next morning before daybreak to go help them with their move. because of the many layers, it took me several days to make the card, especially since I move so slow these days.


The adorable images are all by Stacey Yacula from Purple Onion Designs.  aren't they just the sweetest? my son and his fiancee have both a dog and a cat, so the little cuties on the lower level are perfect to symbolize the two of them. :)  the images are inked to look just like their fur babies.

the card has 3 levels to the accordion fold. the Tim Holtz Treeline border die was used to add extra dimension to several of the levels. ideally I should have taken side view photos for you, but I was in such a hurry and wasn't feeling to spiffy.

the sunset was created with distress inks. the designer paper is from the Prima Farmhouse collection. no other embellishments were added, which is unusual for me. I thought the card sufficient without them.

thank you for stopping by! have a most amazing day!
Jennifer

Challenges:
Crafting By Designs - anything goes
Crafty Creations - anything goes
Ellibelle's Corner - stamp it
TTCRD - anything goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything goes w/a critter
Animal Friends - at least 1 cat
Love to Craft - anything goes
Crafty Cardmakers - add a critter
Dare 2B Artzy  - cute animals
Corrosive Ch - anything goes
Sweet Stampin' - animals
SSS WCMD
Catch the Bug - anything goes

26 comments:

Dreja said...

Ganz phantastisch!
Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card, I love how you decorated all the folds and how the scene represents your son's engagement and move to a new state. Your critters are a part of that and are adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
hugs
Glenda

Joan B said...

I think this is my favorite card that you've made. It is fabulous. I know that they will treasure it.

aussie aNNie said...

Jennifer, wow love this gorgeous scene and beautiful pop up pop down stepper card...amazing.xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh my!! You have outdone yourself with this outdoor scene - so fabulous.

Verna Angerhofer said...

It’s beautiful. I am sure it will be loved by them.

Anita said...

Congrats to your son and his fiance. So glad that you got to create. You are in my prayers. Your card is stunning with all those amazing layers. Butterfly hugs and prayers

Donna Ellis said...

Yes indeed, Jennifer - they ARE precious and sweet! Your card is beautiful with all the dimension you've achieved and the gorgeous colors! I love love love EVERYTHING about this masterpiece! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Crafty Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Pia S said...

I really like this design with all the treelines. It’s beautiful. Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug.

Fikreta said...

this is so very pretty card!
love it!
hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

I love this card. The layers bring it to life. Congrats to your son and his new fiance.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at LTCC, good luck!!! Amy DT

crafty said...

A beautiful composition. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers challenge.
Mary

Kuni said...

Your card is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

JanTink said...

Beautiful card, well worth the effort!

Lydia Fiedler said...

So gorgeous!!! Love the critters! :)

IamDerby said...

Wow this is gorgeous! I love all the little details

Dana said...

What a sweet card. You clearly put so much thought behind it and it will be that much more meaningful to them both. Your coloring of “dusk” is perfect.

Keren Baker said...

Love how you’ve put so much thought into the scene and all those beautiful little details. Fab card x

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome card...such great details.
:) Karen

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

What a sweet card, Jennifer. Love the layering an the scene you created.

SmilynStef said...

What an amazing card ... I used to live among the trees in Missouri and they were lovely.

i {heart} papers said...

This is lovely. I haven’t been following any stampers since I closed the store but saw this come across my feed and wanted to leave you some love. So happy to see you still creating. Sending you healing wishes. - Kate (from old iheartpapers)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful design. I love everything about this. Thank you for sharing it with us on Through The Craft Room Door Challenge.

Amanda (owner TTCRD)

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card Jennifer and love how you made it so personal for your son and his fiance. Loving the scene, great card design and the critters are so cute!
Thank you so much for joining in at my Crafty Wednesday challenge where it's all about using traditional stamps this month.
Ellibelle's Corner

Angie Tieman said...

This is fabulous! Love the depth you created with the trees! I'm from Missouri, what part are they moving to? So many beautiful areas there!