Followers

Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Mother's Day Wandering Kitty Cat

Coffee/Tea of the Day - Spiced Coconut Coffee

Hello after so long! :)

I know many of you have sent messages asking after me, and I appreciate each and every one. thank you! my health has been quite a mess, so I've been spending my time in bed, basically just reading lots and lots of books. getting on the computer is difficult for me, so I limit my time to about once a week to only take care of the very minimum tasks. I owe many of you messages and will try to send them as I am able.

I did manage to get a card made for my MIL for Mother's Day. hubby said that she has been carrying this card around the Senior Center facility where she lives showing it to everyone. it makes me happy that she enjoys it so much!


the precious stamps are from Purple Onion Designs. they were stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with pencils. Smokey the cat and the little toadstool cluster were stamped several times then popped up on foam dimensional tape. I used the stamping off technique with the foliage stamp to create a fun wilderness scene for our little kitty cat. a leaf embossing folder on the kraft card base adds to the over outdoor feel of the card.

little sweetheart blossoms from Wild Orchid Crafts, vintage buttons, distressed seam binding, ticket, and grosgrain ribbon snippet complete the card.

my MIL has been missing having a cat ever since she moved into the Senior facility. for Mother's Day, my hubby and I thought it would be fun for her to have a stuffed animal of a cat to remind her of the ones she used to have in her home, but rather than find one in a store, we sent her a gift card to Build a Bear so she could go with her great-grandchildren to make her own. :) that way she not only will have a furry pet to keep in her room, but she will have a fun day out with her family. Build a Bear has several cute cats to choose from, so she can tailor it to look however she likes. thus, the kitty cat card for the holiday. :D

Thanks so much for stopping by! love to all of you!
Jennifer

Challenges:
Ike's World - embossing
SUYP - anything goes w/a cat
TTCRD - anything goes
Crafty Animals - anything w/an animal goes

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet!! I love the beautiful scene you've created!! The embossing is fabulous!! I can see why your MIL showed it to everyone - it's so gorgeous!! Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is a great design abd so cute with the cute scene. I can see why your MIL carries it around with her. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Sall said...

Aww wow that's adorable Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

ike said...

Such a fabulous card - I love the 3D elements.
So sorry to hear that you are unwell.
The gift card for BaB is such a wonderful idea - I hope she has a fabulous day out and gets herself a nice furry :-D
Thank you for taking time ti purr along and play at SUYP Cats Challenges Jen.
Hugz
IKE x =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Fikreta said...

Im so sorry your health is bad.
sending lots of hugs and love.
this is so pretty card!

Lisa J said...

Such a sweet scene. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Borqna said...

Wonderful card!
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Expect our new challenge tomorrow with the letter "F"!
Good luck!