Followers

Translate

Friday, June 22, 2018

You are Somebody!

Coffee of the Day - Pecan Turtle coffee


Happy Friday and welcome to the weekend! Don't forget to enter my Birthday Blog Candy before the end of the month! new additions are being made to all of the prize packages, including the international packages, almost daily. :) you know you want to win. :) right now the odds are pretty good since only a few people are entered. looks like a few of you are going to possibly get LOTS of goodies! grins! you can gain more entries by linking up a birthday themed project. I have heard back from my friend, Mo, of Mo's Digital Pencil, and I'll be buying gift certificates from her store later today. you can't win in you don't enter!

now on to today's project...
I received these beautiful stamps from Reverse Confetti in the mail after having a lovely gift certificate arrive in my mail box from the owner, Jen Del Muro. What an incredibly nice person!!!! I wanted to make something with them right away, but had a few other projects that I had to complete first. But then God put someone on my heart. you know how that goes. and I have learned that when He speaks, I had better listen. He might be quiet, but He is mighty indeed. :)

so I got busy yesterday. I have used the sets "Tall Blooms" and "My Tribe".  Around here, during late summer and early fall, there are some wildflowers that grow along the roadside in the most vibrant purple. they are absolutely gorgeous! they stand out so beautifully from the brown wheatgrasses they grow alongside. I wanted to try to recreate that if I could. it's not easy to see the purples in my photo, but they are there.


(you may click on 
the photo to be taken to
another page to see it larger)

after the Coffee Loving Cardmaker's blog hop, I was so blessed to have won a neat kit from WOW embossing powders, filled with all kinds of goodies. included were the powders that I used on this card: Perissa and Caramel Macchiato on the flowers, and Skinny Chai Latte on the sentiment. The Perissa is probably more suited to scattering like you would do with frantage powders, but I really love the look here on the flowers. it is a gorgeous silver and copper color when melted. the caramel macchiato is a shade of copper.

The sentiment from "My Tribe" was stamped onto vellum with brown ink. it didn't show up so well, so I added the skinny chai latte embossing powder to see if it would help make it pop a bit. once embossed it created a neat marbling effect. this is only a portion of the entire stamp, but the person the card was for needed to know that she is somebody in God's eyes. :)

a few years ago I attended a women's leadership conference. one of the most powerful moments was when we were all told to stand up and repeat over and over again, "I am somebody." for this woman, who had been abused since the time I was a little girl, to say that was difficult because I have never believed it. the young woman receiving this card needed that encouragement yesterday. she immediately sent me a text letting me know how much it meant to her. so to Jen Del Muro, that portion of your stamp is powerful. it's not so much the card, but the message of the stamp you created. thank you. :)

The flowers were stamped onto watercolor paper, embossed, and then painted with SU! inks. after heat setting and painting, I double stamped the other images with ink to make it appear that they were in the bg. I used my SU! ink squirty tool in shades of brown and purple over the top.

beautiful die is by Spellbinders, copper glitter ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and miscellaneous sequins & lace are from my stash. flower is from Michaels, distressed with ink, and then a bit of distress stickles were added. paper is from my beloved Basic Grey, the Vivienne collection...sigh....

thanks for your patience with my long post. :)
have a most fabulous weekend!
Jennifer

Challenges:
Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash - hello/just because
Crop Stop - anything goes w/a product they carry (Spellbinders, distress stickles)
As You Like It - favorite type of embossing and why: heat because I can use so many neat colors of powder for lots of neat effects. I do enjoy dry embossing, but it doesn't compare to the fun things I can do with embossing powders, such as here.  thanks!)
Aud Sentiments - anything goes w/a sentiment
Moving Along with the Times - June Blooms
Creative Crafters - anything goes
Back to Basics and Beyond - heat embossing
Crafting By Designs - flowers, flowers, flowers
Crafty Addicts - anything goes/w say it with flowers option
WAW - anything encouraging goes
Die Cuttin' Divas - embossing
Tuesday Throwdown - you are on my mind
Crafty Catz - anything goes w/beautiful blooms option

23 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Jennifer, this is stunning, I love the look of all the texture on there and the stamps look amazing. I have a large screen on my computer and enlarged this and the texture on the flower stem is incredible and the bronze is really standing out...love this and the colours are awesome. Have a lovely weekend.xx

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card for our challenge, thanks for joining in at MAWTT, xxx

~amy~ said...

Oh this is gorgeous! So glad that you were able to use some of your new goodies!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh, Jennifer! This is fabulous. I love those amazing textures you achieved! hugs, de

L.B. said...

Very very pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Die Cuttin' Divas embossing challenge this week.

Esther Asbury said...

What a beautiful card! I love your floral panel and that sweet little flower in the corner! I also see some corrugated cardboard peeking out -- lovely touch! So happy you linked up to Cropstop -- do come back and join the party again soon!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautifully designed floral card, lovely colours and embossing, thanks for joining in at the BBB challenge and good luck, Kate x

KT Fit Kitty said...

You certainly made good use of your winnings and made your friend's day extra special with this beautiful card! It always feels good to know you've made a difference in someone's day, especially when they needed a lift.

Fikreta said...

its so very pretty!
hugs

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Jennifer, the embossing really makes the flowers stand out and I love the dark background.
Have a lovely weekend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

*Vicki* said...

Really gorgeous flowers and pretty design! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Elaine Stark said...

Lovely raised flowers when heat embossed. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Valerija said...

Fabulous card. Love the colours and the design.
Valerija xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, lovely flowery image
Thank you for joining us at BBB
Margaret DT

Sandra said...

Wow wow wow!! This is stunning Jennifer!!! I love it!!

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story.

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. So glad you shared over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge

Cazro said...

Wonderful art work, a very pretty card. So pleased you entered our challenge at Back to Basics and Beyond, hope to see you again. Caz DT.

Scrapper69 said...

So Pretty and Elegant! Thanks for joining us over at Die Cuttin' Divas this week! Have a Great Day!

Theresa (DCD DT)

mum of two said...

So pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Craft buddy said...

So many textures - it looks just like an antique piece of art. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times x Jessie

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating in The Crafty Addicts Challenge this time and good luck :)