Followers

Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Engagement Gift

Coffee of the Day - only drinking green juice right now. out of almond milk, which I need for my coffee. have a cup of Victorian Earl Grey tea brewing, which is a fabulous Earl Grey with lavender, rose hips, and rosemary.

That horrid migraine came back to rear its nasty head, so I've been in bed ever since we came back from Indiana. yuck. :(  But I did want to share with you how I wrapped the engagement gift for Ryan and Elizabeth.

Please excuse any typos.... the headache makes it hard for me to see. having to rely upon my typing skills from way back in the high school days. can't see the monitor very well as it's all a blur.


I had picked up some neat typeprint style wrapping paper at Michael's a while back, thinking it would be great for crafting. since we don't tend to give many wrapped gifts that aren't holiday based, this seemed to work out well for the engagement present.

Elizabeth really enjoys period type television shows such as Downton Abbey and Save the Midwife, so I knew that going with a pretty floral stamp would be perfect. I chose 'Strong and Beautiful' from Unity Stamps to stamp across the paper in various shades of her favorite colors - plum, sage, and lavender.  vintage lace was used for the bow.

I also stamped the flower in plum ink on a tag made from the same cs used in the card for her letter. (see previous post) it was stamped again in sage ink as a shadow effect. a doily portion was adhered in addition to some crochet trim and pretty little Wild Orchid Crafts blossoms & leaf. a cheesecloth bg stamp was used on the tag base and then the SU! ink squirty tool. Zipper Stop seam binding that was distressed was tied at the top and a re-purposed bit of plum twine anchors the tag to the lace bow.


and here is a photo of what was inside. We gave them a Lladro bride and groom figure. Dave and I had one on our wedding cake. I used to collect Lladro pieces. it seemed only fitting to give them one as they begin their happily ever after together. :)

Challenges:
Crafty Creations - anything goes
Creative Moments - anything goes w/optional spring theme
Inspiration Destination - #147 anything goes
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes

7 comments:

Joan B said...

I am sure your son and future DIL appreciated the gorgeous wrapping on that LLadro figurine. I am so very sorry to read of your continued migraines. That sounds just plain horrible. I am sending healing hugs!

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better. I know how it can be with headaches! :( Great job on the wrapping and tag! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa

Fikreta said...

oh so sorry about migraine.
You chose so nice wraping paper and gift is gorgeous!
hugs

Scrapatini said...

So beautifully done! I love the tag! I hope that headache clears up soon.
Thanks for joining the Creative Moments Challenge.

Jennifer
Creative Moments Design Team
http://carabbiemomentsofcraft.blogspot.com/2018/03/challenge-139.html
www.scrapatini.com

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

This is beautiful, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

Anita said...

Stunning way to wrap such a beautiful gift! What a great tradition to carry on. Sorry migraines been so bad. You are in my prayers. Butterfly hugs!

Anna-Karin said...

Great work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT