Followers

Translate

Monday, May 30, 2016

Memorial Day Treat Bag with Bugaboo

Coffee of the Day - Maple Fudge


It's Memorial Day and I have a cute little project to share with all of you today! for 'Anything But a Card' over on the Bugaboo challenge and inspiration blog, I wanted to make a little something for my son who is off doing his summer internship. as a mom missing one of the birds in her nest, it's all about sending lots of care packages! :)

**the watermark I've been given by Bugaboo is the little lady in the car. 
it is NOT part of the card.**

when looking through the Bugaboo store, I fell in love with the Edward USA image. I created my own star stencil using punches for the grey chevron bag. a quick spray of glimmer mist, papers from the Authentique Glory collection (they truly have the BEST patriotic papers!!!), glory blue seam binding (distressed) a re-purposed postage stamp, and this bag was ready to be filled with some goodies! hubby helped pick out the red, white, and blue treats plus a few sparklers for fun! shimmerz paint and a spica clear glitter gel pen add shiny accents to the main image.

while my project is fun and light hearted, we do pause to remember those who have given their lives as the greatest sacrifice for the freedoms we so cherish here in our country. I am thankful to them for their honor and bravery.

thank you so much for your continued kindness each time you stop by! it means so much to me! :)

Challenges:
Decorate to Celebrate - anything goes
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes
Eureka - anything goes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Pile it On - tic tac toe (stripes, die cut, bird)
Crafting with Dragonflies - animals
Jo's Scrap Shack - anything goes
Simply Create Too - red, white, and blue

9 comments:

Fikreta said...

very beautiful!
Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Tina said...

Such a cute and yummy looking care package!

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Wynn said...

Great project. I'm sure your son will enjoy this. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

crafty said...

Wonderful project. Thank you for sharing it with us at Eureka Stamps.
Mary

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this very clever idea (and so will your son). Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Amanda said...

What a cute treat bag. Love the image. and now I must go eat some treats. LOL.. Great Job.Thanks for joining us over at Jos for Funday Friday Challenges.

Amanda DT

Inkyfingers said...

What a considerate and creative care package and I'm sure your son will love it. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too and I hope you will join us again soon.

Jarka Ef said...

Very nice. Thanks for playing at Crafting with Dragonflies. Jarka

Heather said...

This is so cute!! And absolutely perfect for your little fledgling. : ) Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack. (Sorry I'm so late in commenting, excuses, excuses, excuses!)