Followers

Translate

Friday, April 29, 2016

Watercolor San Antonio Riverwalk

Winner at Eureka Stamps
Cards in Envy Favorite

Coffee of the Day - Dulce de Leche

I've been playing around in my craft room with my gelatos, watercolor paper, and digital images. it's so much fun to just get into an inky mess sometimes. :)

Problem is that photographs, at least mine, can't capture all of the sparkle, texture, and color of the actual image. in real life (irl) it is sooooooo cool!


I printed the San Antonio Riverwalk digi image from Eureka right onto my watercolor paper then went to town with both regular and metallic gelatos. I added details with my watercolors. the water has such a gorgeous shine that is hard to see in the photo.

papers are from the Basic Grey Dear Heart collection, linen thread and banner die are from SU!, sentiment stamp is from a company that is no longer in business, and sequins are from Lawn Fawn. ribbon snippets and vintage buttons are from my stash. acrylic paint edges the card base.

hope your weekend is off to a most fabulous start! thanks for stopping by! :)
Jennifer

Challenges:
Eureka - add some bling (metallic gelatos, sequins)
Outlawz Paper a la Mode - mixed media
A Beautiful Mess - anything goes
DRS Designs - it's a new day
Sisterhood of Crafters - birthdays
Cards in Envy - birthday
Dragon's Lair - anything goes

14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Beautiful card love that image
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful scenery on your birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Darlene said...

HEY! I've been there ... can you see me on the river boat?? That's me in the front row so I can see & hear better! LOL ... what a beautiful place .. Riverwalk! Great scene and awesome coloring. Thought maybe I'd see you at last weekend's Adventures in Stamping but if you were there, you didn't come say hello ... so sad! Maybe next year! Anyways . . .
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Annie S. said...

Such a serene scene and beautiful coloring! This is a fantastic reminder to pull out those Gelatos more often! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cards in Envy ~ Annie

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love this!! I enlarged it and could see the pretty shimmer on the water that you were explaining .

Susan Renshaw said...

I am sure you really enjoyed creating this!
Thank you for sharing with Dragons Lair Designs Challenges!
Susan
DT for Dragons Lair Designs Challenges!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Sybrina K said...

You are one talented card-maker! Love what you did with those Gelatos. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy. :)

Tlc Creations said...

This is gorgeous.....you soooo need to do a canvas. This would be perfect. ;)

Paulette

JMC Creates said...

Great card and love the colouring. Jacqui DT Dragons Lair Designs

My Side of Oz said...

I agree that a canvas is called for to keep this beauty forever! Awesome work and love love gelatos but as you say they do not photograph the actual beauty they produce but I am seeing it in my head as if what the camera caught wasn't enough LOL Absolutely fantastic job! Thanks for playing with us at Dragons Lair Designs Challenge and hope to see you in May! Nan, DT

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful card and I love you did it in gelatos & watercolor. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

wendipooh13 said...

stunning image!!!! thanks for playing with Cards in Envy!!!

nwilliams6 said...

Lovely scene! Great coloring and super design on this all the way around! Thanks for sharing it with us in the DRS Designs Challenge!

Deepti Aggarwal said...

What a beautiful image..love the coloring..Thank you so much for joining us at A Beautiful Mess.