Followers

Translate

Monday, February 15, 2016

Don't Look Back Bunnies

Coffee of the Day - Highlander Creme (a hazelnut/butterscotch mix)

Happy Monday to you! and Happy President's Day to those of you who live in the States. :)


I am here to share with you a card featuring a new image, 'Bunny Brothers #179,' from Sandra Caldwell's cute Etsy shop.


the sentiment stamp is from Unity. it is one of my all time fave sayings. just seemed to go perfectly with this image. :)  papers are from the Authentique Springtime collection. main image dies are by Spellbinders, heart die is by Sizzix, and flourish die (under bow, cut from clear packaging) is Tim Holtz. flowers are all from Wild Orchid Crafts. pretty diamond satin ribbon comes from Really Reasonable Ribbon. little dew drops are some I won at Double Click Skittles.

I want to share just a bit of my thinking when I made this card:

as I was making it, I was thinking of my family. when any of our sons go through difficult times, my husband and I try to be there to encourage them to press on toward the future. no matter what choices they have made to get them to the point of difficulty, we want them to know that they are always always loved and that point is not a permanent stop or destination, but just a small detour on their life's road.

when I saw this image, it was as if it was hubby and I standing beside one of our sons and letting him know we would always be there for him.

I do hope you will join us over in Sandra's Facebook group.

Challenges:
Eureka - feathers and fur
Dragonfly Dreams - hearts and flowers
Outlawz Twisted Thurs - show some love
Simply Papercraft - anything goes
Crafty Ribbons - animals and ribbon
Creative Knock-outs - furry friends
ABC - 'B' is for bunnies and bows and blue (well, bluish! )

10 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A beautiful card the image is so cute Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Tiggerscraps said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Eureka this week
Marji dt

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Jennifer. Great sentiment with this sweet bunny group. Thanks for sharing with Eureka Stamps this week!

Carole Pollard said...

Such a cute image a delightful card thanks for playing Crafty Ribbons challenge love and hugs Carole X DT

Sandra Caldwell said...

So glad you posted that digi you made with my image here. I loved it and the colors you used are wonderful. Great job !! And I loved your story. I have a son also...and these days times seem very tough on them, raise a family is not easy, more so it seems than when we grew up. Prayer, hope, and trust that it will get better someday. He must stand strong...and not lose hope, dreams do come true!! Hugs and Happiness Sandra

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

This is adorable. I love your flower elements at the top, what a great spring card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Creative Knockouts! Sorry this comment is late.
Jennifer
Simply Papercraft DT
Creative Knockouts DT
Aud Sentiments DT
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge DT
Kitty Bee Designs DT
JessicaLynnOriginal.com DT

AndreaNorris said...

Hee hee this is very cute :D love it. Thanks for joining us at ABCChallenge and good luck
Andrea x

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Very cute card. The image is gorgeous. The sentiment is pure genius. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Eureka stamps challenge. Good luck.

karalschuknecht said...

Lovely card and such a great sentiment. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal Dt

Glittertastic said...

A great card with a very inspiring sentiment - thank you for sharing this with us at Simply Papercraft

Sharon (Glittertastic)
DT Member