Followers

Translate

Saturday, September 6, 2014

My New Tattoo! :)

Coffee of the Day - Toasted Coconut

I am so excited because I now have new tattoo! wooo hoooo! this momma is one hippie chick! :) it's funny because in many ways I am quite conventional, but in others I am truly a nature baby and radical.

My tattoos reflect my faith journey. granted, this is only my 2nd, but I have others planned. the next one is for my cancer battle.

This tattoo is based on the following 2 verses from the Bible:

John 15:5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing.

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.



it was hard to get all of the detail in the photo, but there is a heart, vines, and a cross all incorporated into the design. the artist took a photo I had and did a lot of work to it. he is so talented! he created an ink just for my tattoo so that it would look like henna. I am so impressed with his professionalism, his talent, and the care he took through the entire process.

Mick went me and had a great time. of course once Tyler got home from classes he was ready to go get one as well. won't be long before our entire family is all inked up! :)

4 comments:

Anita said...

Wow! This is so cool!

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous! did it hurt? they say the closer to the bones, the more it hurts, but it's gorgeous!!!!!

hugs :)

Jennifer Scull said...

Stef,
there were times it was uncomfortable, but it really wasn't bad. I do have some pretty bad scars on my ankle bone from where I broke it several years ago & had to have surgery. (pins & a plate were inserted) now that part sure got my attention, but as I said, not too bad at all. :)

Sandra said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!
If i wasn't too afraid.....
Hugs,Sandra