Followers

Translate

Monday, September 29, 2014

Coffee Addicts, I mean, Coffee Lovers Blog Hop! ;)

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Biscotti

I am soooooooo excited to be taking part in this great blog hop of fellow coffee addicts, I mean, aficionados! tee hee! I do enjoy a proper cup of tea, don't get me wrong, but there is nothing quite like a big hot cup o' joe to make my heart go pitter pat! :)


You will see so many fabulous projects on this hop, so be sure your cup is filled to the brim. I'll be more than happy to give you a refill while you are here!

I had big intentions of making several projects for today, but a wicked fever had other designs on my time. so instead I have only one card to show......


I used the great coffee sentiment from Deep Red Stamps, stamped onto watercolor paper. gelatos and clear shine Mr. Huey's spray mist were then used to add color. I love using the clear shine mist rather than water for the beautiful sparkle it adds!

papers are Basic Grey Spice Market, flower is Petaloo, burlap ribbon is by May Arts, seam tape ribbon and border punch are SU!, and buttons are from my stash. you know how much I love to re-purpose my Starbucks coffee goodies! they add such a fun touch to this card! :)

We were also asked to answer the following questions:

1. When did you start drinking coffee? my dad introduced me to this lovely concoction called 'coffee milk' when I was a little girl. funny, it's still the way I drink my coffee, only now I call it a 'latte'! ;)
2. What is favorite brand (you can name up to three). when I am out, I pretty much only drink Starbucks. at home, our fave company is called 'The Coffee Fool'. they have the most delightful flavors in decaf! we get them through Amazon. 
3. What is the most amazing coffee that you had? what I make in my French coffee press. it is really the very best for making coffee. even beats the Keurig. 
4. If I don't drink my needed coffee, I will...not be a happy camper, so let's just not go there, okay? ;)

thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges:
Fresh Brewed Designs - lots of lattes
Inkspirational - beverages/drinks
Snarky Stampers - D is for Distressing
Alphabet Ch - Q is for Quadruple (4 buttons)
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Docerela Creations - anything stamped goes
Sister Act - any card goes
Crafty Ribbons - anything goes with buttons & ribbons
Red Rubber Inspirationals - focus on the stamping
Simon Says Wed. - anything goes

35 comments:

~amy~ said...

Sorry about the fever but your card is MOST excellent! Love the upcycled Starbucks goodness and the colors and details are simply perfect!
Thanks for joining in the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop and Happy National Coffee Day!!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Love your gorgeous card! Great layering and lots of texture!

Debra Davison said...

LOVE your blog name !!! And your card is fun--especially the burlap !!

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely loving this with its hint of vintage. Yip what will we do without coffee. Perhaps you would also like to enter this over at our current Challenge: Lots of Lattes over at Fresh Brewed Designs, here is the link:
http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.com/2014/09/september-challenge-2-lots-of-lattes.html
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Shelly said...

Such a fun card! Love the layers!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jennifer :-) I love the shabby chic design of this ,,, so pretty :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Anita said...

I love your card! The colors are perfect and the sentiment is one of my mottos.

*Vicki* said...

Oh boy did I think of YOU when I saw this blog hop going on!! :) You really made a stunning card Jennifer!! I love it!!! Hope you are doing well and I will be seeing on SCS this next month!! HUGS

Shemaine Smith said...

I love your blog design, the card is beautiful too! Hope you feel better!

Virginia L. said...

Gorgeous coffee card, Jennifer! I love the colors and elements that you used! I so enjoy reading about you and coffee! Thanks for sharing :)

Jennie said...

Such a sweet card and enjoyed reading about you. Hope you get to feeling better!!

Jenny said...

Very pretty Jennifer! Especially like that scrunched ribbon - hope you feel better soon!

Donna said...

Fab java inspired project!
Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the "D is for Distressing" challenge this week!

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a lovely hard and hope you feel better soon!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card..love the saying:)

KristyLee said...

So cute, I knew you would be able to pull it off! Love the added Starbucks trinkets you put on your card. You did a great job!
Peace,
Kristy

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

hope you are feeling better...wonderful card!

Lori Kobular said...

Your card is so much fun with all the layering and embellishments!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your layering and yes, I see the cut out from an actual Starbucks cup! Way to recycle ;)

Teresa Kline said...

hi Jennifer! super sweet card, luv reading the answer to your coffee questions...fun! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

StampingbugKerry said...

That sentiment is so true for me today. I was soooo distracted and I was in meetings all day. I saw a smiley face on my free coffee lid and proceeded to draw on it! Not such a productive meeting for me! HA HA.

MariLynn said...

Such a cute card. I am sorry you haven't been feeling well. Hope you are better soon!

VanessaB said...

Nice collage card :)

donna mikasa said...

Love how you added a bit of Starbucks to your collaged card!

Beth H. said...

That sentiment is right on! Love your creation!

Cindy Groh said...

So nice to see you using a Deep Red Stamp. I have this one and love it. Fabulous card. I wanted to pin it to my Deep Red Stamps board but it wouldn't let me. Have a great week.

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh know I hope your feeling much better today!! Even though you weren't feeling good your card turned out beautiful. I love the vintage feel I get!!. HUGS

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is a great coffee card! Love the addition of the stirrer! Thanks for joining us over at Docerela Creations! DT Member Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Chris Dring said...

What a gorgeous card! Hoping that you are feeling better! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for the Distressing challenge!

Rubeena I. said...

LOL omg that sentiment! love it! beautifully done!

La Vikinga said...

Hi Jennifer; I see you really like coffee!! Thanks for participating in our button-and-ribbon challenge this fortnight!
La Vikinga; DT at Crafty Ribbons

Marina said...

Fabulous layered effect. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Mrs.B said...

This is a great card,
Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge
Avril

Helen said...

Great card and I love that sentiment!

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Helen x

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! That sentiment is so amazing and I love how you incorporated real coffee memorabilia into the design! Thanks so much for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna