Followers

Translate

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Prayers for My Cousin

Coffee of the Day - Sweet Potato (yes, it's a coffee flavor, and yes, it's quite tasty!)

What a week..... Tyler and I took Ryan to Indiana on Tuesday. a very long day of driving (15+ hours), and I ended up getting sick from the trip. rained almost the entire time, but thank goodness it was a safe drive. Ryan is happy in his dorm as one of the new R.A.'s. God has him right where he needs to be!


As I woke up Friday morning, I received the news that one of my cousins was in a terrible motorcycle accident. from what I understand, he is still unconscious. thankfully his body sustained only road rash type damage, but his head is a mess. not only is his skull broken, but his brain is quite damaged.

We are all just devastated. I think part of me is still in shock. the day of his accident he had several posts on my Facebook page. and that night I had a dream about him. because he lives in Texas, I haven't seen him since my dad's funeral, over 20 years ago. but we have been in touch recently because we both share cancer battles. you see, he also has leukemia.


if you have a moment, would you please say a prayer for him and his children? his name is Dan. I know your thoughts and prayers would mean so very much.
I am so thankful we have God's enduring love to bring us comfort. we hold tight to His promises right now. we hold on to the hope that He brings, every single day, no matter the circumstances.

Tell the people you love how much they mean to you RIGHT NOW. don't let another moment go by.
thank you from the bottom of my heart. you know that all of you are so very special to me.
love, Jennifer

p.s. here is Dan's Facebook page. not sure if you are able to access it or not, but thought I would try to post just in case you would like to leave a message. if you can't get to it, feel free to leave a post on my page. I will let the family know.

10 comments:

Joan B said...

I am so very sorry. I hope he recovers.

Stef H said...

will definitely be praying and adding to our church prayer list this week.

hugs :)

Rhonda Miller said...

Jennifer, I will be praying for your cousin and his family.

Carol Held said...

I am an avid biker, and I ride my Harley ever moment the weather permits. As a Christian, I ask for the Lord's protection, each time I start my bike to ride. Please know that I will be praying that God would have His Will in this tragic trial. Proverbs 3:5,6 are my lean upon verses.

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Jenifer,
As soon as I read your post I sent a prayer up for Dan and his children.. My heart goes out him and children, you and yours..
I will keep him in my prayers.
blessings,
Penny

Tracy said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this tragedy Jennifer. I pray for you daily and it certainly won't be any hardship to add your cousin and his family to my list. Take care of yourself. Hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is so sad. My prayers are with him and the family and if it be God's will that he will recover completely. And, if not I know the Lord will help them with whatever the future holds.

Sandra said...

Prayers send Jennifer!!

Jenn said...

Oh, Jennifer, I'm so sorry.
Praying for God's healing and comfort for Dan and his children. Praying that the Lord guide the doctors that are caring for Dan.

Regena said...

Praying for you and ur cousin..Hugs Regena