Followers

Translate

Friday, October 18, 2013

HYCCT - Put Your Brave Boots On!

Coffee of the Day - Moon Pie (it's almost gone, boo hoo hoo!)

Happy happy Friday! this post is going to be loaded with LOTS of cards, so I won't go into much detail about products. if you would like more info, please either email me or head over to my gallery at Split Coast Stampers. each card will have a list of items used. :)


We also have a new challenge over at Jellypark today, so please stop by to see what everyone has created. We are celebrating Pinktober and breast cancer awareness, so get your pink on! :)


I am thrilled beyond measure to be today's 'Hope You Can Cling To' hostess at Split Coast Stampers! My challenge theme is one very near and dear to my heart. I am calling it 'Put Your Brave Boots On' after a stamp set made by Unity. the saying in this set has become my mantra during my cancer battle. it seems that every time I have another test, scan, or 'whatever' I have to face, I tell myself to put on my brave boots. in fact, as you are reading this, I am at the hospital going through more of those tests and scans. and oh my goodness, am I ever so weary of this battle sometimes. but I wear these brave boots not just for myself, but also for my husband and sons. I want them to know that we do not EVER give up in this family. things may get tough, but we can still find joy every single day.

So for my challenge I am asking everyone to make a card with images of boots and shoes. you can see some great samples created by other HYCCT hostesses in the gallery by entering 'HYCCT1318' in the search engine at SCS. also use this tag if you yourself create a card and upload it. thank you! :)

here are my projects:


my first card uses a fun image from Jellypark called 'pattern wellies.' I believe it was a freebie at one time or another. papers are Basic Grey True Love; sentiment was typed on computer. dew drops, rhinestone flourish, glimmer mist, and glitter gel pen are just a few of the embellishments used.


this card uses the 'Brave Boots' itty bitty set from Unity and Basic Grey Green at Heart papers. glimmer mist, enamel dots, tulle trim, and some wood veneer help add to the feminine touch. boots were stamped onto patterned paper.


this last card is done with the same Unity Brave Boots, but with a masculine feel. the barbed wire and star charm dies come from MFT, papers are My Mind's Eye Stella & Rose Mabel. lots of shading with inks give a rustic touch. this fabulous sentiment is also Unity. one of my fave sayings of late.

thanks for your patience! have a most wonderful weekend! :)

7 comments:

Kathy said...

That's a great challenge. Got my thinking cap on already. Love your samples they are amazing. Love the wellies, my fave kind of boots. And fun way to do a masculine and feminine version, too.

Really hoping your tests go well today. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You are such a positive person and a great inspiration.

Dorte said...

I love to see that you own so many wonderful boots, dear Jen.
Wear them !!
hugs and warm thoughts to you, Dorte

Penny said...

Wow, Jen, you have been a busy girl! Creating three wonderful cards--love each design! As always, they each have fabulous details and wonderful sentiments! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Have a great weekend, and be sure and wear those boots!

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous cards Jennifer and a fabulous challenge too, I love the thought behind it :-)

I have joined in with this and am working my way through as many of the challenges as I can :-) I intend to do them all and so far I only have a few to catch up with :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jennifer said...

All of these are just fantastic! Love all the boots and the wonderful little details you've used!

*Vicki* said...

Oh Jen, I think your challenge is so very inspiring!! LOVE LOVE LOVE each of your projects made for this challenge!! That Unity Stamp set is so perfect!! Thanks for the inspiration you always give! BIG HUGS

Tammy said...

Love each one of these cards. You are an inspiration in many ways