Followers

Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

A Card to Lift You...

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice

It is hot here. poo on that. I was really enjoying the break of summer heat we were having for a bit... hopefully cooler temps are just around the corner.... time to put the juice in the freezer for slushy drinks! ahhhhh, so refreshing on a hot, humid day! what do you do to stay cool in the summer heat?

The showcase team over at Milk Coffee has some fun Beach/Water/Travel inspired projects to share with you today. lots of fun cards to see on the blog!


I was given the image, 'Charlotte in Paper Airplane' to use for my card. I paired her with papers from the Authentique Pride collection, and pretty Prima flower, some May Arts burlap ribbon, and clouds cut from corrugated cardboard with a MFT die. the sentiment is from Create with TLC. I tried to color her fairly close to the actual US Air Force uniform as I could. her aviator goggles, as well as those of her chicky friend, are covered in crystal effects. a spica clear glitter gel pen and white gel pen give some highlight touches.


We finally found a new for us vehicle last night. David has been traveling all over the Cleveland/Akron area trying to track down a used SUV type vehicle in our price range (cheap!) with as little rust and as low mileage as possible. The rust is pretty important since most of our time up here is spent covered in snow. we were hoping to get 4 wheel drive if possible, too. well my hero pulled the rabbit out of the hat, and Gandalf the Grey is now ours! yes, we name our cars. it's silly, but I have from my very first beloved, Beau. he was my baby blue Camaro, and the love of my life for many years. So now to get it ready to move everyone to school in the next few weeks..... sigh......

btw - this was taken in our driveway this morning with my phone while I was letting the dogs out in the backyard.... the door to the right is our back door going into the kitchen. the door to the left goes into my craft room! it used to be a porch room, so it sits off of the kitchen and is all windows. just a little peeky peeky into where I spend my crafty time! :) our barn/garage is right behind me as I'm taking the photo.

Challenges:
Stamps & Crafts - show us your country (USA)
Crafty Creations - texture
Paper Shelter - punches and dies
WAW - anything goes encouraging
Going Grey - anything goes
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
TTCRD - anything goes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes with sentiment
Glitter and Sparkle - add some red
2 Sisters - anything goes
Hiding in My Craft Room - color inspiration (marina is the sky color)
PTT - friendship (badge is about halfway down on sidebar)
Cute Card Thursday - dieing to punch

19 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful creation Jen and I love your new member of the family! It looks like your craft room is a wonderful spot. (Does it get too hot with the midday sun- or do all the windows give you a wonderful breeze?)
Hugs,
Georgia

Nannieflash said...

Fabulous card love your image and your diecuts. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Karen Letchworth said...

Well, congrats on that beautiful new SUV. Looks like a really nice one, and I hope it works out really well for your family.
Thanks for sharing this adorable card in our challenge this week, Jen. That image is SO cute, and I am always blessed to have you share with us. Hope you're doing well. Keep in touch.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Anne Fenton said...

Jennifer such a cute card...thanks for joining TTCRD this week.

bymissrach said...

What a fun card! :)

Penny said...

Well, this is such a darling scene, with the cute image & cardboard clouds! Love the fun sentiment you found for this! :^)
Gandalf looks happy to be a new member of your family! Good for David for finding him! :^)
Biggest hugs, Penny

Faye said...

Your card is wonderful with your little Air Force beauty on her paper airplane. The colors are great and all the embellishments make me want to touch your card in person. Congrats on the "new" car. I hope it meets all your expectations. I love the location of your studio, so handy to the activities of your home.

vdoyle8 said...

first of all, LOVE your card! Those textured clouds are awesome!

congrats on the new car. I used to have a camaro also - and it was my first love also! Mine was white with red leather interior -- very hot!

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. That sentiment is perfect.

Nice car!!

jane stillman said...

A really cute card, love the image and design. Thank you for joining us over at Glitter n Sparkle, good luck

Unknown said...

Wonderful card Jen

Lovely image and paper.

Great embellishments.

Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

Good luck

Tracy DTxx

*Vicki* said...

AW!! Your creation is so super sweet!! I just adore your cloud design!! :) Awesome car dude!

Heather said...

Ooooh!!! I really like this card. Love all the little additions (buttons, flowers, burlap ribbon, etc). It's just so uplifting (no pun intended). Thank you SO much for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations this week.
--Heather G, DT
PS Congrats on the 'new' SUV. So nice to find what you want.

Sandra said...

Adorabe card Jennifer, love the image.
And the car looks great!!
Now we still needsome sneak peeks from the inside of your craftroom, LoL
Hugs,Sandra

Jenscrapstoo said...

This is such a happy card, love the image you have used
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Sandy said...

Very Patriotic and cute at the same time. Thank you for joining us at PTT. We hope you will join us again next week. Good Luck!

Chana Malkah said...

Nice project with lots of wonderful texture and detail. Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

NanaConnie said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer ! Congrats on finding Gandalf. :-D Now, putting on my DT hat even though I'm late -- Thanks so much for playing along at 613 Avenue Create. Hope to see you again soon.
NanaConnie DT

Jo Ann said...

Such a wonderful card with wonderful DP's and many cute elements. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday last week and hope you'll join us again in our new challenge starting today. You are a blessing!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com