Followers

Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Sweet Flowers

Coffee of the Day - Chocolate Bourbon Pecan


Today is a new challenge over at Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover - Animal Friends. I know all of you have some great critter images in your stash, and the prize is some fun images from the Paper Makeup store.  I sure hope you will play along! :)  new images have been added to the store, too, so I know you'll wanna go take a peek!


I used the soft and pretty Felicity Fawn image for my card along with a sentiment from Create with TLC. papers are from Basic Grey's Kioshi collection. the flower is Prima and silk ribbon is May Arts. not much fancy here, but I love these colors together. the little pearls were actually colored with a Copic marker. hooray, I used a Copic!!! grins! the little bit of cardboard underneath the main image is actually a scrap from a Starbucks coffee cozy. I tore the edges and lightly inked it to distress.

I want to thank all of you who have been so very encouraging to me. as you might know by now, I didn't win, place, or even show in the May Arts contest. pretty much was low man on the totem pole. didn't place with any of the other challenges I entered with it either. so that lets me know that this project was a failure from the get-go. some are like that. you put hours into them, but no one likes how they turn out. that's okay though because it was a big lesson learned. it's all already been torn apart, thrown away, and some of the pieces salvaged for another project down the road. most definitely didn't want THAT reminder sitting around to stare in my face.

it has definitely changed how I will enter (or not enter) contests from here on out. I'm done with publication submissions and anything that isn't made for my family or someone I know. I spent money we didn't have getting ribbon, spent money we didn't have mailing projects out, and it all comes to naught. I've taken my chances and seen the results. I will continue to enter challenges because that is how I earn my crafting supplies. I win enough to keep me in paper and embellishments, so that is good enough for me. you would be surprised at the number of challenge blogs and companies that don't follow through with sending out prizes, but that would be a story for another post......I'm thankful for the ones that do.

and above all, I'm thankful for each of you. you are loved and appreciated! :)

Challenges:
Eureka - animal catwalk
Inky Impressions - dies/punches
Penny's - use a sentiment
Paper Crafting Journey - use a sentiment
Paper Shelter - make it bloom
QKR Stampede - punches/
OSAAT - use a digi
Allsorts - passion for flowers
Digi Darla - recycle for Earth Day (Starbucks cozy)
Forever Friends - lots of flowers
Kaboodle Doodles - spring
Kraft Journal - recycle or reuse (Starbucks cozy)
Sparkle and Sprinkle - use a digi
Stamp and Create - use at least one die

23 comments:

Eret said...

Jennifer, your card is so adorable. Love the delicate colors on it and diferent die cut piecec on top of another is fab!
Hugs
Eret

Stef H said...

super cute card!

maybe i should enter the picture of my "new critters" LOL.

be well, my friend.

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

AWW!! I love this and this really reminds me that warm Spring is coming very shortly!! :) Love your flowers and pretty soft colors!! HUGS

brenda said...

Beautiful fresh Spring colours and lovely card Jennifer, just perfect for this weeks theme.

Thanks so much for joining in my 'Passion for Flowers' them at Allsorts this week.

B x

Unknown said...

This is awesome.. what a cute image! Love the colors you used! Love the dies too! This is great! Thanks a lot for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time! Good luck :) I hope I see you again for our next challenge too!

- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

jan farnworth said...

adorable card.

Josephine said...

Aw, this is so sweet!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week and good luck!

Joey said...

awwwww this is so cute! love the colours in the paper too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Joey xx

Sarah said...

This is so pretty Jennifer, love the image and sentiment and the paper is gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Passion for Flowers challenge this week x

Penny said...

Jen, I am sorry that things didn't turn out the way you had hoped with your May Arts challenge. Sometimes things happen like that--to all of us! Hope you are able to use your salvaged components in something wonderful in the future.
In the meantime, this card is just beautiful! Love your precious image & coloring, the pretty design & papers, your great die cuts and embellies, and perfect sentiment!Love the faux stitching on this, too! :^)
Have a great week!
Big hugs, Penny

Tanya said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colours and the image is so cute :)

Thanks for joining our Forever Friends Fortnightly Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon :)

Tanya xx

~Tammy~ said...

What a sweet image! Love your recycled piece from Starbucks! Thank you for sharing with us in the Recycle/Reuse challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Unknown said...

This is just adorable!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen~I made an animal card today too. I love yours. It is really cute. I am sorry about the May Arts Challenge. I don't even know where it was. Do you watch the Bible Challenge with Jeff Foxworthy? Kirk Franklin is on it every week. I think it is almost over. This was the 2nd season. Hugs My Friend~Patti

Elizabeth Hart said...

Jennifer - I am so in love with this sweet deer - a very peaceful looking scene - just loved it!

Anita said...

Another amazing card! Sorry to hear about May Arts project but your experience reminds me why I need for now to hide in my corner of the crafting world.Hugs!

Manderly said...

Sooo sweet! I love your originality. Turned out fantastic! Thank you for joining us a Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge this week!
Manderly
xxxooo

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Jennifer! Another amazing card. I always love seeing your creative cards. Hope this finds you well. So nice to stop by this week.
Hugs,
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Tlc Creations said...

This is gorgeous~! and I don't think you sent it to me~! uh hum~! lol
I snagged it to put on the blog.
Paulette

Shanna Shands said...

Lovely Spring image. Thanks for playing at Sparkle N Sprinkle.

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous Card and i love all of your diecuts! Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

Crafting Vicky said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get the recognition... it really bites... :( This is a really wonderful card!! Love that fawn!

Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Awwww such a cute card
Thanks for joining in with our Lots of flowers challenge over at Forever Friends and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Pennys Challenges DT member
Digi Darla DT member
Forever Friends DT member
Brown Sugar Challenges DT member
Fashionista DT member
Lady Annes stamp challenge DT member