Followers

Translate

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Keeping it all in perspective..... Smile!


I've been having a tough past few days....not the greatest news in regard to my health stuff, but what has hit me the hardest has been my May Arts project. some of you have been very supportive and kind here on my blog, so I must begin by saying this is NOT what I am making reference to....

over on the May Arts blog all of the projects have been posted. I do hope all of you have had a chance to stop by because man oh man, there are some jaw dropping gorgeous projects! I am being completely honest when I say that mine in no way compares to what some people made. I knew at the time I saw the list of contestants that there were going to be some fabulous creations. I just flat out don't have that kind of talent, and I truly am in awe of the folks that do. they are my inspiration!

but of the over 200 comments left at the time I'm writing this, not one comment has been left for my project. every project has been mentioned except mine. not one person has said, "nice job" or "cute ribbons" or anything. that is not the reason I entered the contest. but gosh, I worked really hard at a time when I felt absolutely horrible to make something that I thought looked nice. I realize it doesn't compare with all of the other projects. but it flat out hurts. and I'd be lying to say it hasn't affected the way I think about future crafting, posting to my blog, and entering any other contests/challenges. we all want to hear nice things about what we make. to say otherwise isn't being honest.

I've been taking part in quite the little pity party since Monday, and hubby knows it. Today he sent me a link to this youtube video. I'm posting it here to share with all of you. it helped me put everything in perspective.

 

what I make is part of what I do, but it is not who I am. my life is more than paper and ribbons. hard to believe some days, but it is true. my life is also more than cancer. it's about smiling, regardless. it's about a deeper joy that comes from something other than a comment left or not left. it's about being the daughter of a King. and for me, that is enough. it is always enough. :)

9 comments:

Stef H said...

you are one of the strongest people i know. i'm the one who is blessed to call you my friend. you are ALWAYS in my prayers!

i liked LIFE OF PI. it was about FAITH, trust and believing in GOD. i loved it. knowing you, i'll say SEE IT.

hugs :)

Crafting with Darcy said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon! Thanks so much for being a follower. It means the world to me and I will follow you back!

Helen said...

Brilliant video. I so needed to hear that message today as well. Puts things in perspective :-). I'm going to remember that phrase for the future 'being the daughter of a King is enough, it is always enough' :-). Thanks Jennifer. Helen x

Tracy said...

Awww sweetie I'm so sorry this adventure brought you so down. I left you some love here but should have popped over to MA and done it there too. It's done now and you have NO reason to think your projects are any less beautiful than the others. Big HUGS!

Tina said...

So sorry you didn't get better news and that things are weird over at the May Arts blog. I'm praying for you.


Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Anita said...

Big Gentle Hugs! I am so sorry the tests didn't come back with better results. I know exactly what you are talking about and learning to hide in my corner of the craft world. I craft because it is therapy for me and I enjoy it. I am very selective of what companies I DT for and what ones I enter challenges too. I have to say the ones that comment, I tend to enter more. I am sorry your project didn't get any compliments. I thought you did an amazing job. I think everyone has different talents and one of yours is for sharing your faith and up lifiting others.

Natasha said...

I do hope you're feeling a bit better about things now darl, i love all your ideas and designs, including the milk bottle and card over at May Arts, even if i may be cursing you at the weekend for it (only joking hun but you'll know why if you see my comment on it over there lol) and although i might be rather quiet in the sense that i dont always comment as much as i perhaps should i always look forward to getting my emails from here and read every single one. Keep up the great works you do and stay strong sweetie. Many hugs xNx

Jenn Borjeson said...

I totally hear you, and I agree. It's nice to be appreciated, I think as artists it's even more important because sometimes it's our only form of "payment" for what we work so hard at! You are amazing, your art is awesome, and you're only human. I'm sending you a giant hug, my dear friend. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your issue...the best thing is that you keep doing what you love doing and that's ALL that matters! I'm thrilled with following your blog and you inspire ME in ways you'll never know. Thanks for being around and keep SMILING my friend!! BIGGEST HUGS