Followers

Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Top Tip Tuesday is Making me Laugh!

Coffee of the Day - Spiced Hazelnut

First of all I want to address the big upset regarding Google Reader -
I did a bit of research on Google Friend Connect, which is how I follow most of my blogs. from what I can gather per the Google Discussion Forum, I will still be getting those feeds in my dashboard as usual once Google Reader goes away. nothing is changing there. for any blogs I haven't been able to follow through GFC, I have always opted to follow by email where available. it's nice having the posts go straight into my mailbox. this means one less place for me to have to check each day - a good thing for me, but it might not work for other people.

the bottom line is this, folks. do what works best for YOU. :)


now for my card -
Top Tip Tuesday Challenges is looking for ROFL projects. I'm using a great image from QKR Stampede and one of my fave ever sentiments from Create with TLC.


papers are some digital ones I printed out. I'll be back to post the collection as soon as I find it in my files. the sentiment was printed directly onto a journaling card. buttons are from my vintage stash. I took a mug, dipped the rim into cold coffee, and then stamped that directly onto my card in several places. goofy me forgot that this is NOT the wisest thing to do with digitally printed papers, as they tend to run..... oh well. it adds to the flavor of the card, that is for sure! the journaling card was sprayed with my SU! ink squirty tool and an early espresso marker. isn't that an appropriate color for this card?! grins! chevron dies are from MFT.

Tip - a great way to add texture for animal fur is to stipple a darker color of ink over the area. you can even add a light coat of stippled white or ivory ink over the top once that is done. this helps give added dimension to the animal's fur.

Challenges:
Created with Love - button up
Love to Create - anything goes
Ooh La La - it's a man thing
Pause Dream Enjoy - anything goes
There She Goes - anything goes
Sentimental Sundays - anything goes w/a sentiment
One Stop Craft - anything goes
Crafty Catz - make us laugh
Creative Corner - fasteners (buttons and clip)
Delightful Challenges - here's one for the boys

21 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card, the sentiment suits you well. Elaine

~amy~ said...

excellent...love the sentiment:)

Esther said...

Seriously cute and love the sentiment, especially as I'm addicted to coffee too!!!!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh I love your bear and the sentiment is sooo perfect. I am sitting here with my morning/afternoon coffee. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Created with love Challenges.
Linda K.

Deanne Saunders said...

What an adorable card!!! Thanks for participating in our LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Jennifer!! Love the image,very cute!
Hugs,Sandra

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the creative use of the cold coffee!!

Wendy L said...

Great card for our challenge this week at Love to Create, so cute. xxx

Joan B said...

this is soooo adorable. love that little clothespin!

Mian said...

This card is absolutely adorable and I love your design, nice detail with the clothespin and the buttons.

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this week at Love to Create.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Love to Create Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Penny said...

Really adorable, Jennifer! Love that sweet bear, your coloring, your papers, distressing, design & fun embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Such an adorable card! I love how you dipped the cup into coffee to stamp! Thanks so much for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy challenges!

Stacey

Scrappin Mama said...

Adorable card. awesome idea of dipping the cup. Thanks for sharing with us at CreatedWithLoveChallengs
Lisa O

Tammy L said...

fun card! I love the clothespin! I didn't even think of that as a fastener but it works great with your buttons. Thanks for joining our Fastener challenge at Creative Corner Challenges this week.
Tammy DT

PaperDaisies said...

Fabulous card. It made me smile as soon as I saw it. Well done. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Jennifer said...

Such a wonderful sleepy fellow! I think we all have those wonderful comforts in the morning, whether it's coffee or snuggles from little boys! Have a great day Jen!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Jennifer I have to say thank you for the wonderful easter card you sent and all the goodies. I tried to do it on facebook but was told you aren't on facebook so I find you here on our challenges yeah!!! Think about an account on facebook as the Crafter's Cafe and Crafters Retreat are on there. This is the only way I know to get ahold of you other then to send you snail mail. Have a great day. Linda from Crafters Cafe/Crafter's Retreat. www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a cute card! Love your adorable image! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges!
Denise

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! super cute card hunny! xx

Wendi said...

Wow what a pretty card love the papers
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Daniele said...

such a sweetie of a card thanks for joining us at OLL
hugs