Followers

Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

Some Jellypark Fun

Coffee of the Day - White Chocolate Mousse

Happy Friday! boy, am I ever glad the weekend is here. my guys will all be home again this weekend. sadly, Mick is coming home to attend the funeral of a former RA of his from his time at Bowling Green. He just found out today that his friend suddenly passed away.  After the funeral, we are planning a day trip to Pittsburgh. it is one of our favorite places to visit. The day away will be good for all of us.

The cards I'm showing are the last of my Love Fest challenge projects for Split Coast Stampers. All images on my projects today are from Jellypark. gosh, do I ever love Claire's artwork! I'm not doing a lot of crafting right now, but trying to rest up as best I can as well as get things ready for my stores opening. Thank you to everyone for your wonderful words of encouragement! they mean a lot! :)


The first cards shown are actually a set of 3x3 minis. I had forgotten how much fun these are to make! and goodness knows I have plenty of cs just this size, since most cards I make are 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. The image is 'Girl Waving', and papers are Basic Grey Serendipity. flowers are Prima, buttons are SU!, and chevron die is MFT. flowers in hair are painted with shimmerz. I used a white colored pencil to draw some highlight lines in her hair.


The next card was for a photo inspiration challenge. The bee's wings were coated with stardust stickles, and the black stripes were painted with shimmerz. The paper, frame, banner tags, and journaling sticker come from a digital paper kit found at 2 Peas called '12th of Never'. let me tell you, fussy cutting that frame was a doozy! cutting anything is so hard for me these days. my brain doesn't function all that well and basic cutting is almost impossible. it probably took me close to 30 minutes to cut that out. it is popped up on foam tape, as is the main image and the sentiment. buttons and trim are vintage, flower is Prima. the eyelet was found in with  my vintage buttons. I just squeezed it shut with my crop-a-dile and then glued it onto the card. I didn't want the hole to show through the front of the card, which is why I didn't punch it directly into the paper. this way it sticks up from the card. the big black button is fabric covered. just a hodge podge of a card! :)

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

Challenges:
All That Stickles - stardust stickles (bee card)
Brown Sugar - greeting
Oozak - anything goes Spring
Crafts 4 Eternity - bingo:  flowers, twine, yellow (bee card)

8 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow Jen, these are gorgeous. I love the cute image on your 3x3s and the fun bumble bee.

I hope you all have fun on your day trip.

Penny said...

Sorry to hear about Mick's friend--never easy for anyone, but especially for one so young.
Your mini cards are just darling--love the fabulous paper you used with that darling image! Just so cute!
Love that bee card, too! Fussy-cutting can be really tedious, huh? :^) Love the color scheme, your image, the design & wonderful papers & embellies! :^)
Hugs, Penny
Hope you are getting stronger & feeling better.

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a cute fun card. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxx

Lisa Minckler said...

Jen, your cards are wonderful! I can't believe the first ones are 3x3....the photos are deceiving, but wow that it's impressive for a small space. The highlights in her hair DO look wonderful and your bee card...AWESOME! I love bees and I really love the framing around it and the beautiful tags hanging below!
hugs,
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Oh wow I love both of these creations Jenn! I have to say that the colors and design on the bee design really caught my eye!! Brilliant work and it's great to see you creating away!! :) Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog* - Stamp Smiles

Paper Blessings said...

Is this my old pal Jen from scs? It's Tam (I Am). If this is you, please email me! I'd love to catch up with you. I saw your name on a challenge. ((HUGS))

If not, just smile at the crazy lady and walk away slowly, lol.

Great Cards!

michele said...

Hello Jen :) so good to see you at Crafts 4 Eternity again, it's been too long! Thanks for sharing your fabulous cards with us. Hugs & best wishes xxx

Crafty Cath said...

LOVE your cards! The 3x3 minis are enchanting! Fabulous image and I love how you put everything together. Thanks for playing along with the Oozak March challenge!