Followers

Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Oh yes, I do love Coffee!

Get up off the floor, yes, it's 2 posts in one day!

My radiation poisoning symptoms are back in full throttle, so I'm not sleeping all that well. that means I can sit in my craft room and make cards deep in the night - pretty much the only positive thing about the whole mess! ;) Last night I got 2 cards made, and they actually look fairly decent once the sun comes up, too! ha! That also means I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee - whoa nelly! Gingerbread this time. sadly, I'm almost out of this flavor. sigh...... and it's so tasty, too.


My card uses another one of the cute cupcake photos from Cupcake Inspiration Challenges. in fact, this is the one that first caught my eye so that I knew I wanted to play along. it's just so ME! :)


The image comes from Milk Coffee. it is the very first image I ever bought from this fun store. papers are Basic Grey Fiction. the button is vintage. twine is just regular household twine. not sure who the mfg. of the flower is.... sorry. the coffee cozy and swizzle stick/hole clogger-upper thingy both come from Starbucks the great and powerful, most wonderful of all coffee shops. I haven't been to one since before Christmas, but I know in my heart of hearts that they are still out there, making cup after cup of delicious lattes and frapps for people to quench their happy little palettes.

Challenges:
Loves Rubber Stamps - anything goes
Great Impressions - going green
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Twisted Tuesday - spring into green
Make it Monday - anything goes
One Crazy Stamper - anything goes
Melonheadz - going green
Basic Grey - anything goes with BG
Card Makin' Mamas - green
Digi Haven - green
Simply Create Too - St. Patrick's Day or use mostly green
Stamping with the Dragon - anything goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - bingo:  flowers, green, layers
Crafters Cafe - green or St. Patrick's Day
Simon Says Stamp - a bit of green
Inky Impressions - St. Patrick's Day or green

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! This looks so ever yummy!!! Brilliant design!! It's amazing how something can inspire us!! LOL!!

chrissy xx said...

JUst GOrgeous! LOve your design.
Thank you sooo much for joining at Digi Haven.
Chrissyxx

ileana said...

Dear Jennifer, loving your card!! all those pretty details you added are great, did you wash the stirrer before using it? :-D
I see you are struggling again the the awful monster, hope you feel better soon, a big hug to you!

Vickie Y said...

Super design; love the green and love that BG Fiction paper. Thank you again for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Lorraine A said...

I LOVE this card Jennifer !! ,, you captured Starbucks and popped it on a card ! FAB !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

VanessaB said...

ohmygoodness it is soooooo CUTE! and perfect, and now I must go get coffee! ;) Thank you for playing along with us at cupcake inspirations 200th celebration challenge. I do hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow Jen, this is great. I love the cozy and stirring stick additions.

Penny said...

Now I know why you have been so busy! Sorry that the symptoms are back; hope they lessen soon, but that you are able to still keep creating! Because this is really wonderful! Such a fab vintage design! Love the different pieces you combined for this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Kerri said...

love your card and thks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper!!!

Marjo said...

Super cute! Way to upcycle . Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too.

Hugz Marjo

michele said...

Gorgeous card! thanks for sharing it with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Lisa Minckler said...

That Gingerbread coffee, is it the grounds or the flavoring in a bottle?? I'm so tired of Folgers and I need to branch out...please help fuel my new addiction! ;)
Awesome take on the cupcake inspiration Jennifer, it's perfect and LOL..yes..so YOU!
hugs,
Lisa x

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a great card for the Great Impressions Stamps "going green" challenge-very creative- Thank you for playing along with us in March.

MommyScraps said...

What a lovely ode to Starbucks! :) Thanks for playing at Card Makin' Mamas!!
-Adina

Heather said...

This Starbucks card is an ode to all coffee lovers. Thanks for joining us at One Crazy Stamper this month.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh, this is a perfectly adorable card... and so GREEN, too!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends Challenge!

Meihsia Liu said...

What a fun project! Thank you so much for joining us at Make It Monday this week... ^_^

Julie said...

Great card - love your recycled elements! Thanks for playing along with us at Basic Grey Challenges, Juliexx

Chana Malkah said...

Cute project, Jennifer! Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!
Hugz,
Chana

crafty-stamper said...

brilliant card and good interpetation of photo love the embellishments too lol-thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x
hope you get some respite soon

Indy's Designs said...

What a great take on the Cupcake Inspiration! So glad you joined us in our 200th Celebration Challenge! Good luck!
{hugs}
Debbie
CIC DT Sweetie

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so adorable. Sorry to hear your radiation symptoms are making you feel bad and will pray all that is behind you soon. In the meantime, keep creating and thinking good thoughts. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps and I hope to see you back each week!

Shari said...

You used a lot of embellishments here. It sure says "coffee." Thanks for joining with us at Twisted Tuesday! Please join us again!

Anonymous said...

Jen~This is so great. I love it. I love your blog write up to. It took me to the magical land of Starbuck's Oz where the Wizard is a Barista! LOL Hugs~Patti

Shanna Shands said...

Yummy coffee card. Thanks for playing with Loves Rubberstamps!

Tanya said...

Very yummy :) Your project is perfect :) Thanks for being our guest designer this month and for joining in our challenge at Inky Impressions

Karen said...

Great project! I just love Starbucks. Love how you embellished...Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.

Karen

Jacqueline Smith said...

Fabulous card, love the coloring job and all the details on the card! Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

cass said...

Great card, thanks for playing along at The Crafters Cafe

cheiron said...

This is adorable! Love the coffee theme. Thanks for playing along with the Bit O'Green Challenge this week over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Karen C said...

Oh my goodness! What a super fun idea!!! So glad you shared with us this month at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!
Hugs,
Karen C
PS: I have blog candy!! check it out at www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Dangina Martinez said...

This looks yummy. I take 2 please, lol. Thank You for playing along with us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week.
Good Luck, Dangina

Anonymous said...

I am for anything with the Starbuck's wrapper on it. I have been saving one in my car pocket trying to figure out something brilliant to do with it on a card! LOL Thanks for joining us for challenge #14 at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog. See you again soon! Hugs~Patti