Followers

Translate

Monday, July 2, 2012

This Little Piggie Talked on her Cell Phone.....

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Nut

Paulette over at Create with TLC gifted me with one of her new sets, Pig Latin, thinking I might be able to do something fun with it..... I don't think she had any idea just quite how 'fun' I was going to be! ha! as soon as I heard the words 'pig latin', this wonderful oldie but goodie image, 'Piggy Call', from Phindy's Place popped right into my wonky doodle head. hope you like how it turned out! :)



Papers are Basic Grey Serendipity, an exclusive (and VERY hard to track down set!) from JoAnn's. I found this one paper pad and haven't been able to find any more...there is a companion paper and I can't seem to find that one either. they only sell them in stores and I just don't get out much these days. ack! if any of you run across any of these papers, please let me know and I'll be happy to send you the $$ to have you pick one up for me if you don't mind. you KNOW what a goober I am for my Basic Grey....I get mushier than an old can of peas when I am around them....but I digress....

the little accents for the most part are all part of the same Serendipity collection. I distressed the flowers before putting them together. I did add a bit of netting for more texture. the little butterfly was coated in rock candy distress stickles before adding the dew drop. everything is pretty self explanatory, but as always, post here or pop me an email if you ever have a question about how I did something.

you wouldn't believe just HOW MUCH I look like this little piggie - bald and very round! ha! but not the topless part. nope. not happening. ;)

Brave Boots are back on again!! do they match the tutu?....Hello card challenge at Moxie Fab
Crafty Cardmakers - create your own flowers
Use Your Stuff - button up
One Stitch at a Time - use a digi
Quirky Crafts - make us laugh
Robin's Fetish - distressing
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - use something new (entire Serendipity line of products)
Hybrid Chick Card Caravan - stitching
Phindy's Place - song inspiration ('Call Me' by Blondie is the first one that came to mind! giggles!)
Poodles Parlour - cute and/or cuddly
Stamping for the Weekend - show us your style (a bit cute, a bit shabby, just a teeny bit frilly, & a whole lotta pink!)
Craft Room Challenge - friendship
Digital Tuesday - amazing animals
Basic Grey - fave color combo (PINK and anything, especially kraft! tee hee!)
Jessica's Craft Shaque - pink

32 comments:

julie e said...

Hi Jennifer - I was in a columbus JoAnn's and got the flags from the serendipity line this weekend. It looked like they had recently restocked the whole line.

Nancy said...

LOL...Great card, Jennifer! :o)
What a relief that you clarified the "topless" part! Thank you! haha
Sorry I can't help you with the papers! NOBODY in my area carries BG! Have a happy day!...Nancy :o)

Elizabeth Hart said...

Jennifer - this is just hilarious and of course your description is even more hilarious. Have a great week!!

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Hee Hee
Oh hun, that gave me a giggle, how awesome is that card, so much attention to detail, i just adore it
Fab,Fab,Fab
Huge Hugz
Kenzie xx

Elaine Stark said...

This looks a fun card, lots of lovely detail. Elaine

Penny said...

Oh, my, too cute! Love what you did with your "pig latin" greeting! And, of course, I love all your layers, cuz that's where it's at! LOL!
Hugs,
Penny

Pam said...

Very cute card! I was terrible at pig latin so I bow down to anyone who mastered it. :) Have a great day!!

Chris said...

saw your name under the thumbnail so I decided to comment, even it it's not in my group. that means I really like you cause I hate having to do this many, kwim.
your little piggy's very cute, a it's a fun card. do kids today know what pig latin is?
and now for that part that ends almost every comment you ever read or write -
thanks for playing with us and showing your style at SFTW.
hugs,
Chris (sister PIO)

~ Barb said...

This is very cute, love your piggy! And funny too. It's been a long time since I've seen any pig Latin, lol. You're right, great papers. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! What a darling creation!! I love the pig latin sentiment too!! Such gorgeous papers!! :) Hope all is well with you friend!

Anonymous said...

tehhehhee Great cute card Jennifer love the little orange tutu! and love that you added the tulle too! hugs me x

Norma Gomez said...

OMGoodness, she is too cute with her little cell phone, lol!! Hey, the background on the blog is new right?! Well I love it!!! :D

Mynn xx said...

This is just TOO DARLING! LOVE that sentiment--hilarious! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Esther said...

What a fab fun card...love the image and all the little details....Thanks so much for joining our Craft-Room Challenge..Esther xx

Rhonda Miller said...

This is soo cute.

Tracy said...

Those Pig Latin digis definitely caught my eye and Paulette couldn't have picked a better person to come up with something to go with them. LOL You did an awesome job GF. The piggy is genius and the card is adorable. Way to go Jennifer! Hugs!

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

A really sweet card with a fab saying. Thank you for entering the Craft Room "Friendship" challenge this fortnight and good luck! Suzanne :)

Jessica Buffa said...

OMG...these are oh-say ute-cay!!! Love the igpay atinlay sentiments. Adorable coloring and fabulous papers. Thanks for linking up at The Shaque.
:O)
Jessica S

Heather said...

A fabulous card, your design is fabulous and I love those colours. Your image is adorable and such great details.

hugs Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I do not know pig latin- but this card is absolutely darling!!!

Jennifer said...

This is such a fun card! lots of girly goodness! Fantastic!

J said...

Lovely card - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

Choccy said...

Haha what a fun creation !! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Use a Digi' challenge.. Good Luck ! Hope to see you back next week :O)
Choccy x

Lou said...

Hi! Oh this is just great,gorgeous colours and design too.
Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,
hugs Lou and the DT.xx

marsha said...

This is just too cute! I love your piggy and card design, just perfect and so much fun!
Hugs,
Marsha

Cheryl said...

This is adorable! I love the papers you used.

Ann English said...

Hi, Jennifer...loving this card. The piggies are among my favorites, and I don't see them used that often. Darling card! Think of you and pray for you often---so good to see you crafting. Blessings.
So glad you shared this with us at Phindy's Place. Good luck and best wishes!

Feebsy said...

What a fab card the sentiment is awesome and the main image is such fun. I really like the papers and your flower too.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Unknown said...

Super cute card! Thank you for sharing it with us on the Use Your Stuff blog.

Payne Holler Cards said...

Cracked me up!
So glad you are feeling well enough to create ....awesome mojo you have there kid-oh (-:
Keeping you lifted in prayer,
Linda

Caro said...

What fun! Thankyou so much for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jennifer! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge in Stamp It! Cards Week for the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)