Followers

Translate

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Create with TLC Blog Hop!

Coffee of the Day - Texas Turtle (pecan, caramel, & chocolate)

Welcome to my happy little spot on the Create with TLC blog hop! I was so excited to be invited to play along with the new DT! :) thank you, Paulette! please be sure to stop by the TLC blog to thank her as well for her constant generosity!

good golly gosh, there is some TALENT on this team, isn't there?! I don't know about you, but I am so inspired by everyone here!


Grab your cup of of coffee, or tea if you lean that direction, or maybe you start your mornings with a big ol' diet coke or glass of o.j. - whatever your beverage of choice, top it off and settle in. we have loads of fun in store! :)

You should have arrived at my stop from the fabulous blog of RHONDA. she is a superstar when it comes to making printables.

I used several of Paulette's images for my card, one is the freebie which you will find further down in this post, and the other is from the coolio set, Vintage Backdrops Set 6. Papers are Pink Paislee London Market that were so kindly gifted to me by my dear friend Lisa. thank you, girlfriend! I told you I was putting them straight to use! :) the herringbone paper is from Mel Stampz. tag was coffee stained before adding vintage themed washi tape. this stuff is sooooo addicting! little touches of stickles were added for some shine. buttons are all vintage. cheesecloth as was colored with distress stain. baby rhinestones were a precious gift from another friend, Barbara. don't I have the nicest people around me?! yep, I think so, too! :) blessed indeed!
I actually burned the edges of the window image. adds so much to the overall effect of the card.


There is so much symbolism on this card for where I am in my life right now....the inside of the card has this verse, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5 & 6. The pink ribbon obviously signifies my fight with breast cancer, the window represents my hope in what lies ahead, the fire that burned the paper signifies the battle I currently fight that refines me, the butterflies represent the 'new' me that will emerge with God's help, the vine is my friends & family who wrap me in their love, the little touches of sparkle help me remember that there are miracles to be found every day, and the rose is the beauty that can still flourish in the midst of pain and sorrow.

Below you will find the image I used on my card that Paulette is offering so kindly for free for all of you! To save to your computer, just right click with your mouse and choose 'save' or 'save target' from the drop down menu. you can also click the actual image to open in a new window prior to saving. it's easy peasy! :) let me know if you have any troubles.

now hippity hoppity off to the most amazing blog of HETTY!!! she will astound you with what she has created! and be sure to tell her congrats on her new grandbaby! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

49 comments:

Susie said...

Wonderful card Jennifer. Your symbolism is really awesome - except I wish you weren't going through this. Prayers continue daily from here for you.

Hetty said...

What a beautiful card, Jennifer and thanks for your good wishes.

Nancy said...

Fabulous work, Jennifer! One of my most FAVORITE Scripture verses! HUGE congratulations on your DT position! Can't wait to see much more!...Nancy :o)

Heather Lynn said...

this is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Tlc Creations said...

Gorgeous creation....love all the images you put together to make one gorgeous card.
Thank you for being a part of the team~!
Paulette

Ardilla said...

What a gorgeous project!

Lisa Lynn said...

This is gorgeous! Love how you have the background of one of Paulette's other vintage images in your card.

Tress said...

Love just the touch of pink! Thank you for the free image.

Penny said...

Oh, Jennifer, what a cool card! Love the layers, the distressing, and your embellishments! The pop of pink is really effective on the neutrals! :^) So glad you are on this hop! :^)
Big hugs,
Penny

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- Gorgeous card- love all of the symbolism you used and shared! Bless you- and love the inspiration! We all have troubles big and small- they help us get to the next place- where hopefully the view is way better than the one we have now : )

Elaine M said...

Oh My - soooo lovely

Barb said...

Thank you for the beautiful insight into your life via the card! You will be in my prayers.
Thank you for sharing your talent.
BarbaraJ

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card...just lovely. Thanks for the freebie.

Jennifer said...

Your card is incredible Jen! Thank you so much for sharing all the meaning behind all the fabulous details!

Moments by Marla said...

Beautiful and elegant card!!!!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Beautiful creation! Love all of the symbolism involved. Bless your heart.
Thank you so much for the beautiful image. Paulette always gives so freely of her images & sentiments.
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Anonymous said...

So beautifully done Jennifer! love the soft tones too! hugs me xx

- - Sheryl - - said...

love the vintage tag on your card

marsha said...

Yum...pour me a cup of that coffee too! Your creation is just breathtaking, I love how you do vintage! Gorgeous coloring and the tag and background really ties it all together.!
Hugs,
Marsha

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Jennifer! I love the vintage style, but more importantly, all the symbolism you incorporated in your design! Thanks for sharing!

Edwina said...

Very pretty vintage looking card. You did a lovely job on it. Thanks for sharing your card and the digi. Edwina Brown

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful card and tag, thank you so much for sharing it.

Unknown said...

I'm loving everything about this card, from the coloring of the image to the vintage tag. All of it = win!

PashaCou said...

Your card is beautiful and I just love how you related everything. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Bonnie Elliott said...

Your card is awesome - loved the way you burnt the edges around the doorway - looks so vintage. Thanks for sharing!

Pauline said...

Beautiful creation...such delicate colours... thanks for sharing on the TLC Hop!

Unknown said...

May Gods peace be with you in your fight. You can always trust He is there. I love your card and the way you did it. I will be praying for full healing.

ThePurplePlace said...

Big hugs! Awesome card with lloyd of meaning! See you tomorrow!

Lisa

Charlene Mitchell said...

Your coffee of the day sounds delicious! yum! Beautiful card and so filled with sentiment! Gorgeous!

Cindy in Wisconsin said...

Great card~and loved the symbolism! I'm glad that you are a woman of faith; in ALL these things you are more than a conqueror through Messiah Yeshua who loves us. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us! Yours is every bit as awesome as everyone else's in this blog hop. And a special thanks to Paulette for the wonderful image!

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us. I can tell you put a lot of thought into each piece.

Penny said...

Jennifer, when I saw your card this a.m. I hadn't read your post--but don't feel badly--I was rushed to go somewhere so I didn't read any posts. I am now going back through the hop. And I just wanted to say that I love the symbolism of each item on your card! So precious! I am wishing you good health each and every day! Sending much love,
Penny

Mary Van Skiver said...

Thank you for the lovely card. Thanks for sharing your talent
Mary

Sarah said...

thank you

Crafting Vicky said...

So amazing. Love your creation!

Pat said...

Your card is GREAT! Your symbolism is awesome.Your fight worth fighting,and even though I don't know you, I'm one of your biggest fans! Keep on keepin' on girl!

Cynthia said...

Lovely!

Purple Card Lady said...

Lovely creation! TFS!

Laura said...

Beautiful card, Jennifer! I loved your description of the symbols in your card and how they are expressed in your life. Hoping for healing for you!!! And sending BIG HUGS!!!

Betty Benton said...

Beautiful card with such rich meaning -- may God shower His many blessings on you!

Kelley said...

Thank you for sharing the reason for each part of your card. I wish you didn't have to deal with the cancer but you have a great scripture to lean on!

Craftymumz Creations said...

Jenny... you are a true inspiration and I really appreciate your honesty, openness and positive attitude that just glows from you and your words and shares!

Cindy John 3:16 stampartistry.blogspot.com said...

TY so much for all you do! :)

Robin said...

Your story is inspiring. That is one of my favorite Proverbs too. Do trust in Him. He will get you through this. I will say a prayer for you too. With all my love, Robin

Silverbutterfly said...

Just lovely, love your card..

Silverbutterfly

Brooke said...

Great work Jennifer. Very inspiring
hugs,
Brooke

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Jennifer - love your card and all the symbolism on it. Thanks for sharing it! My thoughts and prayers are with you on your continuing journey.
Hugs, Helen x

crafterab said...

Thank you. I love your card and the verse you used is perfect!

Rene said...

This is so beautiful and special! I really like the story that each of your elements tell!
Thanks for sharing!
Rene