Followers

Translate

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Party Girl is BACK! ;)

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice (it might be a new year, but some things don't change! grins!)

Hello, hello! It's Tuesday and something about this post is going to be very familiar to you...... that's right! I'm back as a Party Time Tuesday Party Girl!!!!! woooooo hooooooo! thank you in a big way to Jenn for having me back! :)

this week the wonderful sponsors are Wax Fruit Company (hey hey, Arielle! can you see me waving?!) and Crafts and Me. play along with us in the fun challenge for the week - "Something New". Use some of the fun craft goodies you received during the holidays on your project. Don't forget to tell us what the 'new' is! Make sure you head to party central (i.e. the Party Time Tuesday challenge blog) to see what the other Party Girls have made to inspire you.


I chose to use this fabulous 'Birdhouse Row' image from Wax Fruit Company. I so love Arielle's art work! she has such a unique style! I knew I was going to need a thank you card for David's dad for Christmas gifts, so wanted to give this a more masculine feel. My brand new Authentique Freebird "Nest" paper pack was perfect, not to mention the name was ideal! grins!

I used the inchie spotlight technique here, punching the squares with the SU! postage stamp punch. you won't believe it, but the tag is actually tied with a piece of a vintage zipper. it looks so cool irl! I added a few twigs to the linen thread to go with the bird/nature theme.... I was looking for a little ribbon piece on my craft desk and unearthed this burlap remnant. perfect! never found the ribbon, but I sure was happy with the burlap! Fancy Pants buttons are also new, in fact my friend gave them to me for a Christmas gift and the entire package is almost gone! thanks, Suzie! :) mulberry flower is a Prima.

Paper Creations Ink - die cuts or punches

7 comments:

Holly Young said...

what a great man card! and love what you did with the punches! will have to try that sometime!

Nancy said...

Jen, this card is fantastic!! I love the elements and how they work with the birdhouses!! Welcome back to the team...we're glad to have you!!

ddazzled71 said...

The image you chose this week is just adorable Jen and I love the beautiful embellishments you teamed it with to make your wonderful card. WB too!

Jennifer said...

These bird houses are incredibly done on and off the paper! Great fabric and tag underlay!

Renee Matarese said...

Love the buttons and fabric! Welcome back to the team!

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a great masculine card - I adore paisley x
Fab find with that peice of burlap and no wonder you don't have many of those buttons left I spy lots of cards with them on below this one !
Glad you enjoyed them hun x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Miranda said...

adorable card Jenn, love the cute little birdhouses, so adorable
thanks for joining our challenge this week
hugs
Miranda
PCI DT