Followers

Translate

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's all about the number 12

At the Stamping Boutique this week, it's all about the number 12! We are being challenged to either use the number 12 on our papercraft project or use EXACTLY 12 items on our project. well y'all know me to well to think that I could stop at only 12 things on any project I make, so I knew I would have to find some way to incorporate the number 12......


Create with TLC came to my rescue with this wonderful senti image from the Club Kit! wooo hooo! I used TSB's whimsical snowflake tree, which has long been one of my fave of Tracey's images, and these neat papers from Echo Park's Winter Park collection. I also used an old sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday. The snow on the ground was covered with distress rock candy stickles and the snowflakes on the tree painted with shimmerz. then the whole thing was sprayed first with blue glimmer mist and then Mr. Huey's white spray mist. this gives both a shine as well as the look of a snow blizzard. very cool irl! my family laughs at all of the little trinkets I save for my crafting, but I love the little re-purposed bread tag for the senti here. :) can you see how the open portion looks like a heart?! :)

I almost forgot the little glassine envie behind the main image..... it was stamped with snowflakes in the palest of blue. the was fun to use because you can still see the wonderful house paper through..... the little vintage millnery flower and snowflakes finish off the card. and baker's twine is always fun!

6 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

What a great card. I just love your re-purposed bread tag, it's one of the first things I noticed. It looks great. TFS.

Jennifer said...

This is supurb! I love your snowflake tree and the scene behind it! Great bread clip accent! Love the inking details!

Dragonlady said...

Fantastic job, love the DP and colours.

Hugs Ali x

Elizabeth said...

Great card! Happy New Year!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, this is fabulous! LOVE the glitter and the sentiment is fabulous! I also love the use of the bread tag! :)

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love that image and all your detail fits with it so perfectly! Cute idea to re-use the bread tag!!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/