Followers

Translate

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

For the Birds at Party Time Tuesdays!

Coffee of the Day - Eggnog


It's a gorgeous Tuesday here.... the sun is shining and I heard my fave owl hooting away in the early hours of the morning. glorious glorious!

The Party Girls at Party Time Tuesday challenge blog have all gone to the birds this week - isn't that just the greatest theme?! I love it! We are recognizing 'Save the Eagles' day, which I think is fantastic! my dad loved eagles and he seemed to see them everywhere! it's almost as if they followed him around. grins! We have several on our Christmas tree in his honor and a few figures of them around the house as well. My dad might be gone, but he is never forgotten! :)


So my birdy card today uses the Happy penguins image from The Paper Shelter. papers are Authentique Freebird Nest which are the greatest textured papers! I added felt snowflakes from SU!, some ric rac, buttons, and a senti from Create with TLC. stickles were added to the ice the penguins are standing on and their hats. gotta have a bit of glitter!

and thanks for not commenting about what a bird brain I am..... giggles! I know some of you are thinking it after reading this post! ;)

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your sense of humor! Wonderful penguins and great papers you chose! Love the sentiment!!!

Carla S. said...

This is so adorable, Jennifer! I love the cute penguins and the sparkly ice! Great papers!

ddazzled71 said...

The image is adorable and you have truly made it such a happy card with your fun papers and colours. Just Beautiful!

Sonia said...

Hello Jennifer
Adorable image, very pretty card, great job!
Best wishes for 2012.
-Sony

Gina Lindsay said...

Great card! I love the buttons and your ric rak you used. And you a bird brain? Never!