Followers

Translate

Monday, April 26, 2010

Baked with Love for YOU! :)

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice (from my dwindling stash....)

Hello! I hope you have had a wonderful day so far. I am finally starting to see that there is a life beyond pneumonia - yipppeeee! I hated that I had to miss the wonderful stamping convention in Akron this weekend, but on the other hand, I wasn't in the hospital like my dr. wanted me to be either, so home was a happy medium. :)

I wanted to play again in the challenge going on over at Isabella's Sketchbook challenge blog this week. the challenge was to create a project using a food image. I love this one of this precious little girl baking something yummy. It reminds me of the times I would visit my great-grandmother and we would make her wonderful applesauce cookies. Those were the BEST cookies! She was always asked to bring them to church. How blessed I was that she was able to meet Tyler, our oldest son, before she passed away. She was the one who introduced me to Jesus, too. oh goodness, that woman spent so much time on her knees for me. She saw me baptised at church camp one summer. What glorious memories!

The papers on my card come from the Jenni Bowlin Farmer's Wife collection. Just perfect for the vintage feel of this image, don't ya think? I colored the utensils on the table to match some that I have hanging on my wall that I picked up at several antique stores around here. The recipes I found online, printed, tore the edges, and then distressed with ink. Of course the buttons had to come from my vintage stash!

Enjoy the rest of your day! Take a little walk down memory land yourself, and then say a big 'thank you' to those wonderful people in your family tree who have helped make you who you are today! :)

8 comments:

Marlene said...

Fantastic card, Jennifer!

HappyCrafter said...

What a great vintagy homey card, just love it! The dp you used is perfect.

Annika said...

Jennifer, I am very glad that your pneumonia is receding, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
On the other hand I feel a black worm of jealousy gnawing at my insides while I look at your marvelous card, so many good ideas and completed to perfection ... and the papers are just yum-yum.
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the vintage look of your card....great details and coloring. Like the dp and recipes that you used. Fun to use Isabella digis.

IsabellasSketchbook said...

This card is so sweet! I love the vintagy feel of your painting technique and the background papers. What perfect papers.... "Farmer's Wife"!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, this is fabulous,Jennifer!! I love how you have colored this little sweetie and your vintage recipe and flour sack in the background are PERFECT!! Wonderful piece of work here!

Terri Conrad said...

this is adorable Jen. Gotta love Jenni Bowlin's papers too. Thanks for visiting our blog.

Terri Conrad

JazzyH said...

Adorable!