Followers

Translate

Friday, January 8, 2010

Longhorns, Mice, and Bouncing bunnies!

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice in honor of my Texas Longhorns

I am starting off my blog post in a most unusual way today. I have 2 cards to show you, and will most certainly get to that, but I need to share something with you first. I want to tell you how very proud I am to be a Texas Longhorn. I watched the Rose Bowl last night. Sure, I wanted the Longhorns to win. Sure, I cheered for them throughout the entire game, disappointed in the turnovers and interceptions, sad that Colt McCoy was injured at the game's start. But I saw a team pull together last night to rally around a young man, Garret Gilbert, a freshman quarterback who had no intention of taking over the position from his mentor in the National Championship football game. I saw what it truly means to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, not just talk the talk. I have read Colt McCoy's testimony of his faith in God. It is awe-inspiring. His answer to the question of "what were you feeling while you watched the game?" in the post game commentary moved me to tears. This man gave a testimony that we should all aspire to. He thanked God for everything, recognized the efforts of the other team, saying that even though he couldn't fathom the reasoning behind all that had happened, he truly trusted God for it all. and in just a short while he hugged opponent Mark Ingram, congratulating him on his team's win. That is what it means to be a Christ follower. not just say it, but really live it.

okay on to the cards.......

I am using some of the new images released last week at Squigglefly. New ones will be coming out tomorrow, so be sure to check back here for a few peeks!

My first card uses a cute little Proud Papa mousie. Stef has started the color challenges over at SNR, so head over to play along. The colors this time are chocolate, turquoise, and olive/artichoke. My papers here are from October Afternoon. Since I had mentioned to you before that I am really wanting to do a lot of re-using/repurposing with my crafting, I decided to pull out these little strips of packing material. I tied them together with the turq. baker's twine and added a button from Making Memories. The sentiment is a rub-on that is also from Oct. Afternoon. Check out the blog at Create it Green for lots more ideas on how to use recycling on your papercrafting projects. I will have several projects there in the next few days. The challenges will start up soon, too! :)

The next card I made in honor of all of my friends who seem to not be feeling so well lately. Know that I am praying for all of you!! I kept this pretty gender neutral, 'cause I'm not sure just which one I'm sending it to yet. The digi is called Get Your Bounce Back. I am sorry I don't know who made the papers, as they are from my old stash..... another thing I had mentioned I wanted to do! :D These buttons are also Making Memories. The card size is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. I am using this for a challenge I discovered from my friend Sue of Sue's Sentiments. The challenge is over at Clearly Delightful and is to use a bunny on your creation.

Hope you are having a terrific day! love to you all!
Jennifer

6 comments:

Holly Young said...

Well Jennifer you are certainly off to a good start on using up stash and re-purposing stuff! I love the crinkled packing paper you used with the button, and the colors of your get well card are sure to cheer anyone up! Go Longhorns!

sophiesmama said...

I'm a 'Bama fan Jennifer, but I have to agree with you...the Longhorns and both their quarterbacks are a class act and I was proud of them too! Hook 'em Horns! Roll Tide!
Hugs,
Mary

Laurie Wilson said...

All your cards are just adorable! The use of the circle themes on teh bunny card is very artistic so very well done! I like the buttons and color combo! Thanks for playing!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

I love your cards, and I see you have the same New Years resolution as me: use up that stash and all the pieces! LOL!

Pat (mspfd) said...

The cards are terrific Jennifer. Way to go.

Justine said...

Great stuff Jennifer, saw your name over on Lauries Mr. Linky and I am dying to play along with the bunny theme but I had to come get a bit of inspiration. You rocked it chicca