Followers

Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

SOOOOO Thankful Mo's Challenge! :)

I had the coolest Secret Sister in the whole wide world!!! I wish I would have taken a photo of the amazing box I received yesterday, but when I opened it last night, I really dug in deep! :D David and I had spent the day at the Church District Christmas party, so it was late afternoon when we returned home. Lo and behold this box of goodies was waiting for me at the back door. It was filled with gorgeous handmade ornaments, beautiful handcrafted cards, several kinds of Tootsie Rolls (WOW!!!! and yes, I did share! giggles!), a fascinating book on herbs and spices that I am still going through, some gorgeous Primas, beautiful vintage styled tissue paper that I can not wait to try out, and some other neat vintage type embellies. I was in hoggie heaven!!! Thank you so much, Amy!!!!

So of course I needed to come up with a thank you card for her. Along came the challenge of the week over at Mo's Digital Pencil2 - create a thank you card. Perfect!!! So I typed out this sentiment under the fun image and printed. I colored Bella like any young girl would dress herself - BRIGHT! who cares if pink and red aren't supposed to go together? they are FUN!!! and of course the petticoat and socks needed some shimmerz to make them sparkle! so did the confetti - of course again! :D I used papers from the Basic Grey Junebug collection punched out in various flower shapes to match the flowers in the paper. Added some red flowers from Making Memories as well as gold sequins and some red & white polka dot ribbon that matches the papers. The edges of the flowers are bent up to add extra dimension.

I sure hope she enjoys her card as much as I have enjoyed the goodies in my box. and by the way, the Tootsies are all gone........ :D

16 comments:

Holly Young said...

Sounds like you got some wonderful things Jennifer and I love this little thank you card you made her! It's just such a happy card and reflects perfectly how happy you were to receive everything.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Pink and red are looking good to me!! A fabulous card x
Thank you for joining in with Mo's challenge this week :0)

Stef H said...

oh you lucky, lucky girl! and what a gorgeous, gorgeous card!!!!

hugs,

Scrapping Julie said...

so darling!!

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable. What a great thank you for an awesome RAK..You picked the perfect image. Love it.. So glad you joined us over at Mo's this week..

shulsart said...

What a wonderful card, it is such a happy card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

Gina Lindsay said...

Cute card, love the colors! Sounds like you had fun opening your box of goodies. Don't know if I could have shared the tootsie Rolls!

The Wired Angel said...

So good to see you playing along this week Jennifer!! When I received my Secret Sistah pkg I ate ALL of my candy within an hour...and didn't have to share!! YIKES! Anyway, Your card is darling. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Mo's challenge. Happiest of holidays to you... and may the spirit of Christmas live in your heart forever. Hugs, Peggy

Anne said...

Way to go Jennifer - check out Mo's blog - you're a winner!!!!

Congratulations and a lovely card

Teri said...

What a fun card - I just know she'll love it!!
Teri xx

shulsart said...

Congratulations, you won Mo's challenge this week. Thanks for joining in on the fun and we hope to see you again soon. Enjoy your image.

The Wired Angel said...

Hi Jennifer... just a quick note to let you know that you won a free image from Mo this week... check out the challenge blog for info. Hugs, Peggy

JazzyH said...

Congrats!

Justine said...

What a wonderful gift you received. How much fun you must of had going through it. This is a super cute card

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

What joy!, both your gift and your card!

Kryssi said...

really cute!