Followers

Translate

Monday, December 7, 2009

A New Whimsy Stamps Challenge!

Coffee of the Day - Almond Roca

It's Monday, so that means it is time for a new challenge over at Whimsy Stamps! and boy, was this a challenge for me! not because it was a difficult project, but because I don't have all of the nifty machines that many of you do. The challenge this week is to use die cuts. Well, there you see lies the problem. so improvise I did.

I went digging through my stash (no, Dave, not trash, STASH!!! grins!) and found some fun little die cuts that I have from ahem.... a little while back..... from My Mind's Eye. Then came the time for some creativity. I wanted so much to use this adorable Santa and puppy stamp designed by Crissy Armstrong. Don't they just make you smile REAL BIG?!?!? My heart goes pitter pat when I see them, so it seemed appropriate to use the heart and 'priceless' die cuts. The paper is from Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses collection. I painted some shimmerz over Santa's mittens & belt buckle and parts of the stocking to add a bit of shine. Popped on a few buttons ('cause you know I love them so!) and tied on a beautiful bow with May Arts ribbon. We aer ready to send this off to a special person who is 'priceless' to us...... now who could that be? maybe it is YOU!!! :)


Now don't forget that Whimsy Stamps has that fun Holiday Card Contest going on until Dec. 12 where several someones will win gift certificates to the store. Also, the Advent Event is in full swing with giveaways every single day! and boy howdy, you should see the crafty inspiration by the DT!!! I am getting lots of ideas from the blogs I visit! Be sure to do a bit of blurffing when you get the chance!

Have a grand and glorious day! See you tomorrow! Jennifer

5 comments:

Holly Young said...

Jennifer, this is so cute. Your coloring is terrific! I need to address all of my cards!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jennifer

Lovely card and great image - know what you mean - very loveable.

Hugs Ali x

Vicki said...

Jennifer this is just precious! Love that stamp! And, yes, I had to smile!! Blessings to you!

Gina Lindsay said...

Jennifer this is just too cute! I love the buttons!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!