Followers

Translate

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Snowman in Plaid

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Biscotti
Thanks to a reminder on a blog that I visit, I realized I need to get a jump on my Christmas cards! So this cute snowman from Doodle Beans fit the bill quite nicely! I have been wanting to get him all inky, and this seemed like the perfect day....... maybe 'cause I'm longing for snow and it is supposed to get up into the 70's today. gorgeous - don't get me wrong, but I am ready for winter. the trees here are all bare, so it just seems like we need the snow. :)

I used papers from Basic Grey Dasher, added some neato trim from JoAnn's, a beautiful stacked poinsettia and holly leaf from Prima, and ta da! card is done! of course he needed a bit of sparkle, so I added some shimmerz on his mittens, coal buttons, snowflakes, and holly leaves. I used my white gel pen to make a few polka dots on his scarf - he needed something fun around his neck to keep him cozy! :) Chunky glitter snow completes the image.

Have a wonderful day! We have the windows open all through the house, and it is really quite glorious! :)

9 comments:

JayLynn said...

Aww how cute! I love the flower in the corner and this snowman is adorable.

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the strips of plaid paper you used. I know I need to get started on my cards too--well they are started, I just need to kick it into high gear!

Anita said...

Cute card! The dots on the scarf are a neat touch.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Isn't he cute! I love the plaid addition! I'm so glad to see plaid coming back! I love it!

Teri said...

Great snowman card - love it!
Teri x

Paula said...

What an adorable snowman! I just love him! I'm so glad you were able to participate in this weeks Digital Tuesday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Lora said...

Another great card!
Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday. I love all the cards you have entered this week.
Lora x

Ellibelle said...

What a darling card. I love that snowman, you colored him beautifully. So happy you played the digital tuesday challenge!

Dawn M said...

great card. love the embellies!