Followers

Translate

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Take Time to Read

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice (hubby is playing in a golf tournament, so it was alllllll my choice! grins!)

Today's card uses this beautiful digi from Mo's Digital Pencil. Mo issued a challenge to create something with it - and you know I can't resist a challenge! ;) Being an avid reader myself, this was right up my alley. I have to read every day - I mean HAVE TO!!! I always read every night before going to sleep, but sometimes during the day as well. Luckily the boys love to read, too. David is the only one in the house that struggles with it. We applaud him every time he manages more than a few pages! :D He told me the other day that he was bored reading. I corrected him by saying, "you can't be bored reading. You are bored with WHAT you are reading." He just looked at me funny. (he does that a lot!)

So on to my card ~

I wanted this card to look like something a teenage girl would like. The papers are Basic Grey Euphoria. As per usual, the image is watercolored. The curtains and pillows are painted with pink shimmerz and flashy fuschia blingz. I know I would have wanted glitzy pink back then if I'd had a choice! :) but then you probably knew that already, didn't ya? That marvy lace ribbon is by May Arts, and just a hodge podge of fun buttons finish this off. The card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. I seem to be making a lot of cards that size lately.

I want to close this post by adding that I have a special card project to work on today. We have discovered that our 22 year old nephew, Wesley, has cancer. Today I am making a card for him. I know how powerful prayer can be. I am asking all of you to please say a little prayer for him and his family today. His spirits are good, but God is great! He believes that, too, which will take him far down this road to recovery. Thank you from the very bottom of my little heart!

Love ya! Jennifer

9 comments:

TannyP said...

Beautiful card - perfect for a girl =)

Keeping your nephew in my thoughts today.

Yvette said...

Aw Jennifer I believe you have a BIG heart! My prayers are with him!

Your card is beautiful! I've never tried to watercolor, but one day am hoping to at least try... Sounds kinda intimidating right now. :)

Ps... I've gotta try this pumpkin spice!

Stampin2day said...

This is beautiful! You have inspired me to color one also!
That is not a good thing as I have 2 cards to make this week.
Now it will be 3 :o)
Awesome card! Love it!

Hugs!

Judi M said...

You've done a beautiful job achieving depth in this image. That Euphoria paper is marvelous with it.

Wishing your nephew all the best. If his outlook on life is anything like yours, he's already a winner.

Scrapping Julie said...

oh goodness. i sure hate that for your nephew, the family is in our thoughts and prayers.

i love the coloring on your card.

Darlene said...

Beautiful Jen ... doesn't Mo have some unique images!!! Love your color choices ... awesome creation!

Kryssi said...

wow those soft colors are nice!! lovely card!

Lauri said...

My prayers are with him as well! This is a beautiful card and the watercoloring is gorgeous!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so perfect for the girly reader - love the extra touches! will keep nephew and family in prayer..let us know if we can send encouragement cards!
Linda P