Followers

Translate

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Operation Nice Blog Hop Day 3

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice with Caramel (oh, a nice yummy extra bit of flavor!)

For the final day of our Operation Nice Blog Hop, I want to hopefully inspire you to take a little bit deeper glance into your faith. Not wanting to stand on a soapbox or behind a pulpit here, but my faith is such an integral part of my everyday life, and I just feel the need to share a tiny bit with you.

My life has not been an easy one by any means, but it has indeed been a blessed one. Much comes from our perspective. Maybe someday I will share more on a much deeper level, but suffice it to say that there isn't much that I haven't been through in some form or fashion, with the exception of substance abuse (but it has hit my family). Through all of this 'ick', including my severe illnesses, God has never left my side or stopped showing me His love. I don't always see it 'cause I'm not always looking. But that hasn't stopped Him.

So today's card is to hopefully encourage you to show niceness and kindness to others as a way of saying 'thank you' to God for the many ways He has blessed your life. I remember a time when I would send anonymous cards to different people in our church - signing them, "God just wants you to know that He loves you". He would lay on my heart whomever happened to be needing a card at the time. Sometimes in our day to day 'getting by', we need to know that God really is sending a little bit of love via a friendly messenger. Maybe it's taking a dozen cookies to that little girl down the street with the broken arm, or a small container of soup to the neighbor who has a cold. I have found that quite a bit can be said by giving someone a loaf of homemade (or really good quality store bought) bread. You don't even need to give a big flowery speech - just a little, "God and I were thinking about you today" will do just fine!

My card uses the church image from Doodle Beans. I chose this because you see, we are God's church, wherever we are. We don't have to be in a building to His work (don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here - He does want us to fellowship with other believers - that is just not all). The papers are from Prima. the music sheet is from an old hymnal. buttons are vintage as is the lace trim. other trim is a little scrap I had. windows are covered in crystal effects, and the building was sponged in white craft ink to help give extra dimension.

Thanks for putting up with me today. This post comes directly from my heart to yours! Now keep on hoppin' over to Angie's blog! :) love ya!

11 comments:

Yvette said...

Awesome post! Very nicely said! You have definitely inspired me today with your kindness. Thank you so much!!! I'm going to implement your nice deeds to those around me! Thanks again!!! :)

yvette

Yvette said...

Ooops... I was so caught up in your post and forgot to tell you that your card is beautiful!!! Love the way you did the stained glass on the church window!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

This is so great. I love the image and all the elements you combined it with for one great card.

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful!

You and your card!

...love overflowing...that's our God!

take care!
Blessings, Maria

Anita said...

Beautiful card! I love your thoughts about how God uses us to give a little love to someone else by a card or something else. Thanks for sharing!

Didi said...

That is so neat! My son got a card like this recently. He broke his ankle and had to have surgery and my mom put his name up in the prayer room at her church. I guess someone prayed for him and then sent a card to let him know. He lives several States away and was very touched by this, so I'm sure your recipients are also similarly touched. Keep the faith!

Teresa Kline said...

thank you so much for the bit of inspiration...your card is fabulous!

enjoy *~*

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the additions of the old hymnal page, it's the perfect touch.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this post, Jennifer. I am so thankful to know that God will never leave us or forsake us.

Dawn M said...

beautifully colored!

Randa Clay said...

Wow - I love what you did with this image!