Followers

Translate

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just Feed One

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice

Good morning! I want to share a card I have made with all of you. It has a very special quote on it - one by Mother Teresa. What a phenomenal woman. If you ever get a chance to read her autobiography, please do. For the last 20 years of her life, she says that she didn't hear God speaking to her. I can't imagine living in His silence for that amount of time. I know how desolate I feel when I go for extended periods of time without hearing His voice. I am empty. And yet I know that those times are necessary if I am to truly grow in my faith. But that she accomplished so much for His glory during that time amazes me. What an example. What a truly humble woman.

These 2 digis come from Mo's Digital Pencil and Digiments. Michelle at Digiments has some great stuff going on this week. When her new releases premeire on Saturday, HALF of the profits will be going to a very special organization indeed. Please go check out the deets for yourself. You wil be able to pick up some free digis and see some absolutely stunning examples of projects done by her DT while you are there. and no, I'm not affiliated with either company, just a big fan!! :D you know how I love Mo and her beautiful art. and this precious girl is no exception! Her name is Charity and she seemed the perfect pairing for this special quote!

My papers are from Colorbok (acorns) and Rusty Pickle. The card base is some of my coffee paper. I used a Martha Stewart punch for the leaves, which are both sides of the Rusty Pickle paper. The flowers are Prima and trim is from JoAnn's. all buttons are vintage. coloring is watercolors as I am want to do of late. card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square.


My card is an entry for the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge for the week to make a fall card following the verse from Eccl. 3:1 " There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven." It is also for the ChristianCrafters DT to make a project of some kind that reflects how you are a sheep for God as described in Matthew 25:31-46.

Have a beautiful day, my friends! love ya! Jennifer

8 comments:

Yvette said...

This is absolutely beautiful Jennifer! I love the colors of Autumn this card has and I love the sentiment and image! Great job lady!

Sara said...

Gorgeous as usual! love your papers.

Scrapping Julie said...

amazing jennifer. such a great job on this card.

Unknown said...

This is wonderful, Jennifer. I love the papers you used and the image.

Stef H said...

this is absolutely beautiful! in more ways than just your craft! i love the sentiment and i love what you wrote - about not hearing GOD for a loooooonnnngggg time. i would be devasted!

thanks for sharing. and pumpkin spice coffee is my favorite! mmmmm, yhummy

hugs,

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just beautiful, I love it. I also love that quote. It reminds me that when my efforts feel too small, that I can still make a difference, one person or program at a time.

Lauri said...

I agree...Mo's images are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Very, very nice! Everything flows together so well!