Followers

Translate

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Cracked Glass Vintage Frock

Coffee of the Day - more of that yummy Pumpkin Spice!

I have fallen in love with a new digi company called Altered Expressions. It's all about vintage!!! sooooooo right up my alley! It's a new company, and I really do wish Carol the very best in her venture!

I have this one lovely image that I wanted to use. I have several more ideas for cards made with this same digi. Prior to embossing and doing the cracked glass technique, I painted the ribbon with pink shimmerz and washed the entire piece in gold ink. the edges were sponged very lightly in eggplant. The card stock base was first sanded, then edged & sponged in vanilla craft ink. I then sprayed it with both rose tea and walnut gold glimmer mist. While it was still wet, I stamped the 'carte postale' and flourishes. The dampness caused the ink to run a bit, which adds to the aged look. Finished off with some vintage & new buttons, a bit of velvet trim, and a pin with seam binding scrap. I really like the way this card turned out! I hope that you do as well.

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments of congratulations! I feel so honored to be a part of several very talented Design Teams. I know that it is truly a blessing to be chosen. Believe you me, I've heard 'no' far more times than I have heard that wonderful 'yes'. So if you are thinking of trying out for one or are getting discouraged because the answers you want aren't coming, please keep trying. But most importantly - remember the reason we all do this great thing called papercrafting (or whatever it is that you do for a hobby) - it is because it bring YOU pleasure and also pleasure to those around you. God doesn't bring you into this for nothing. But we have to wait upon His timing ( honestly - something I have never been good at!)

love to you all! Jennifer

10 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

so pretty!!!! i love the cracked glass technique. just dont do it often enough. may have to get crazy this weekend and do it!!!

Darlene said...

Wow .. this is awesome Jennifer!! I love all things vintage!! Wonderful creation and wonderful message!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is drop dead gorgeous! The S2G release day is here. Now get hopping for some fabulous prizes!!

TannyP said...

Great use of cracked glass - that's a beauty =)

Judi M said...

You're right -- vintage images are a perfect match for your design style, Jennifer. Beautiful job with this cracked glass technique.

Maria Matter said...

Hi Jennifer,
Thought I pop over to your blog and checkout your work...before you got to famous...now that you're a Latte Princess!

this is gorgeous, great cracked glass technique and perfect for this vintage card...I'll have to checkout the new shop, thanks for the link!
Hve a super day and see ya on the forums!
blessings, Maria

Gina Lindsay said...

As always, you do such an amazing job with the vintage look!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I'm going to try the cracked glass technique soon. I've been seeing it quite a bit lately and really like it. Great job on this card!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is SO lovely. That cracked glass is the perfect touch. Makes me want to make something vintage asap! ;o)

kim.mom said...

WOW - this is beautiful!