Followers

Translate

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Celebrating & Dancing like King David! :)

Coffee of the Day - Spiced Hazelnut

It's a happy Thursday mornin' to ya! I hope it's just glorious over on your side of the world, wherever that may be! it is absolutely STUNNING here! a nip in the air, the sun in the sky, the birds chirping away, the leaves turning beautiful colors - Fall is here in it's glory!!!

I wanted to share 2 cards with you today that hold a very special meaning to me. I have just been given the honor of being a part of the DT of ChristianCrafters over at PCP. The first challenge was to take a cherished verse and create something. Well, when I first heard the song, "Undignified" by Matt Redman I was hooked. Go to YouTube and find any of the videos - it is amazing, but don't be surprised if you aren't boppin' along in your chair! I asked Dave about the meaning behind it, and he told me it was about King David telling someone who accused him of being ridiculous in his praise & worship of God, that he could become 'even more undignified than that.' Well, since I have heard the same said of me at times while I've been on the worship team, I was all over researching that story. Go to 2 Samuel and read about it - wonderful stuff! Needless to say this song is one of my ring tones! and oh, I can not wait to sing and dance with King David in heaven! what a time we will have! I know Jesus will be kickin' up His heels with us, too! I hope you are there with us!!!!! :)

So I chose these great digi images from Mo's Digital Pencil to go with the verses. They just seem to portray the joy and excitement that go along with it. Papers are from Basic Grey, flowers and red floral trim are Prima, stickles has been added on the little girl card. Dave was the receiver of the nuns card - he loved it and already has it hanging on his wall at work.

So kick up your heels today and dance! I'll be right there with ya! Jennifer

p.s. not only did I make the DT at ChristianCrafters, but I am also on the DT with The Stamping Boutique, who's Grand Opening is this weekend over at SNR! I'm sooo excited! :D

12 comments:

Stef H said...

oh these are fabulous! i love those nuns. when i went to school the nuns were always frowning. would have been great to see them dancing like this!

hugs,

Darlene said...

AWESOME!! Congratulations on the DT spot and congrats on two wonderfully fun, meaningful creations! You ROCK!!

Yvette said...

First, you blessed girl you! You already have Fall all around you... Nice! We are just now getting the cooler temps.

Congrats to you on your DT spot! :)

Love love your cards! Especially the nuns... what a fun image! Great job!

Payne Holler Cards said...

these are so FUN! and what a wonderful way to glorify our LORD! Big congrats on the new DT's. Awesome!!! I want to meet David also...one of many :)))...hugs to you,
Linda

Angie Williams said...

These are perfect! I will have to track down this site for some of these stamps! Love em!

thinker said...

These are rockin' cards!!! and congrats on making both design teams!!!

Vicki said...

Jennifer, I am so excited for you! Not one, but two DTs! That's wonderful! These cards are just precious! Such an awesome job! Blessings to you!

Scrapping Julie said...

these are so cute. both of them made me smile. glad you are having great weather. it has been raining almost non stop for 4 days here. i am ready for some sunshine!!

JazzyH said...

Those are beautiful and fun!

Sara said...

Beautiful as usual Jennifer!

Anki said...

Wonderful cards! I am an addict to Mo's illustrations too. Thank you also for joining us for our blog hop over at BnW. Wishing you a great weekend. Kramis - Anki

Kristine said...

Oh, this makes me laugh! I used to watch the Flying Nun, LOL. Very cute!