Followers

Translate

Sunday, September 13, 2009

An Apple Tree for you and me!

Coffee of the Day - Almond Roca

Another quickie post as I'm heading out the door to help Dave at Camp today. One of the churches in our District is having their worship service and picnic at Camp today. Can't wait to see some old friends, make a few new ones, and praise the Lord!!!! and I get to do a little servin', too, as I'll be in the kitchen and at the grill. Can't wait!

But I wanted to share a card I made using this neat digi from Doodle Beans. I really love the feel of the digis from this cool new company - they create such peace in me. As I have been doing lately, I watercolored the image. But after the ink had dried on the tree, I took my widest paint brush and got it wet with only water. I then ran it over the entire tree to give it a wash. Since these are classic inks and not water resistant, the colors began to run - which is EXACTLY what I wanted. it helped to lightly fill in the white spots between the leaves without adding a strong shade. Not sure how well it shows in the scan, but irl, it is super cool!!! :) just a soft touch of color in exactly the right spots! Added this little sentiment down toward the bottom to mimic grass ( at least that is what it is SUPPOSED to do!! giggles!) Papers are Basic Grey Archaic. I used some of the new distress stickles on the center of the baby prima flower. WAAAAAAY cool stuff! it really does give a much different look than the traditional stickles. don't know if you can tell, but one of the buttons reminds me of an apple with the way it's holes are cut, so on the card it went!

have a GLORIOUS day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya! Jen

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun a camp today praising our Lord! I love your watercolor and your wet brush effect on the tree. It turned out just fabby!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Scrapping Julie said...

great card indeed! enjoy your day!!

Stef H said...

oh i love it! and i just love your technique. i don't water color at all. i'm just a plain old, hooked on copics type of girl - LOL.

and have a blast at camp. yummy coffee flavor today too!

hugs,

Yvette said...

Your card is sweet! Hope you have a fantastic Sunday too!

Anita said...

Cute card!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Basic Grey is my favorite paper line. I like what you chose to go with your image on your card. the tree and embellishments are faboulous.

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Girl you are a stamping fool!! LOL I can't keep up with you must be all those fraps in your blood!! Love your enthusiasm!!